Everkeen razor rework

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
So,
I picked this little item up ages ago, not sure where from or if it came in a bundle of old tat. I checked a few blade types in to no avail, so into the box of plenty it went.

Screenshot_20230311-130217_Gallery.jpg
Until today, as it caught my eye. I thought I'd have a play around with it.

After a quick measure up I fitted and trimmed a DE blade using the razor head as a guide trimming the blade edge to the top of the spine with some sharp scissors.
Screenshot_20230311-130248_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230311-130427_Gallery.jpg
I then rubbed down the corners of the "shim". As a trial fix I stuck it down with 3 bits of double-sided tape.
Screenshot_20230311-130457_Gallery.jpg
Offered up an injector blade, checked alignment and closed everything up.
Screenshot_20230311-130531_Gallery.jpg
I will give it a run out next week before I decide whether to make the fix more permanent and clean it all up.
What do you recon, shaver or bacon slicer?
:oops::cool:

Last edited:
I'd be Neverkeen to put that near my face! Straights maybe but not that. It looks like it's for wizards to shave their sleeves! I'm guessing nobody strops razor blades any more. Converting a blade stropping holder into an SE razor is pretty cool though. DIY Razorine. Kamikaze kamisori.

Last edited:
il_1140xN.3624494891_tss6.jpg

il_1140xN.3624495331_h4ub.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be Neverkeen to put that near my face! Straights maybe but not that. It looks like it's for wizards to shave their sleeves! I'm guessing nobody strops razor blades any more. Converting a blade stropping holder into an SE razor is pretty cool though. DIY Razorine. Kamikaze kamisori.
I’ll tell you what’s very sharp and definitely Everkeen - your slicing wit, old bean. I shall remain Evergrateful that my Rington’s Northumbrian Blend loose leaf tea and the quite wonderful M&S Brammley apple hot cross bun are both safely digesting. When I read your comic quip, I could picture the devastation caused by the rapid ejection of said comestibles over a wide area of the room in which I’m sat. Matron’s wrath would have had me in dire straits indeed. No more ‘Helicocktering’ naked in the day room for me….ever!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom