Ever Ready Streamline

Would love one myself. Prices seem to have gone a bit mad with them lately. Was watching one on eBay which finished this evening. Razor on its own, no box etc etc. went for best part of £80 with postage!

I watched that one, too ... once past £30 I lost interest.

I did get the Shovel Head from that seller, though ... a later one with curved teeth on the comb.

I'm led to believe the Streamline is the pinnacle of the Ever Ready stable. I'd also like to hear from folks who have one as well as a good number of shaves with the 1912, 1914 and 1924 under their belt.

I've got one, and have shaved with the 1912 and 1924 a fair few times (as well as other SEs).

The streamline is easily my favourite of the bunch. The 1924 is more aggressive, the 1912 less so. The streamline feels solid and cuts through the hair with great efficiency.

It also looks great!

Horses for courses I guess as I found the Streamline to be not a patch on my 1912! A good, solid razor and beautifully made without a doubt but give me a 1912 or 1924 any day. I sold mine in the end.

Greetings

I have quite a few SE razors but I only own two that I do not get a great deal of pleasure shaving with; one is a Contour 2 which is silly mild and the other is the streamline which is 'difficult'.

This is of course just one mans opinion but I find the streamline is very angle sensitive and not just a razor you can pick up and shave with without giving it much thought. About a year ago I shaved with it every day for a week and by the end of the week I was finding it easier and getting better shaves, I should add that I can just pick up any of my other SE's and shave with them.

There is no argument that the streamline is the best made SE by a long way and a handsome razor but a cheap and cheerful £5.00 brassy 1912 (for me) outshaves it every time. YMMV (perhaps a lot!)

Regards
Dick.

Again, it's looks belie it's shaving qualities for me also...too heavy, unbalanced and therefore much less forgiving compared to other models.

It's also much too shiny, hypnotising folks into thinking it's a great razor. YMMV

I'm a big fan of the Streamline. I get a very good shave from it and it looks wonderful (I have, erm, 3 of them).

But is it superior to a 1912? No. For me that's easily the best shaving SE.

As Dick mentioned earlier, if I haven't shaved with the Streamline for a while I find it a little awkward to find the correct angle at first. I find it's much the same shave as the 1912.

Streamline is my daily go to razor, however I'd never say that it was the best SE shaver out there, just possibly the best looking. I'm guessing that if you have a really heavy beard growth or only shave intermittently the likes of a GEM micromatic open comb would be far superior in terms of performance.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom