Ever Ready Streamline advice ?

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Having returned to DE shaving, have been intrigued by SOTD pictures showing SE razors.
After a Browse on the web,have purchased an Ever Ready Streamline, Shovel Head
razor. Are these UK made razors useable, and if so where can suitable blades be
purchased.Any advise would be welcomed ?
UPDATE- lots of kind comments,and a bit more web browsing. Maybe i have got
a 1914 little lather catcher ?

Very useable and there are some big SE fans on the forum. Most popular blades are the SE from Connaught shaving.

I think the streamline and shovel head razors are different models just for interest but the streamline is very desirable SE. I use one in my rotation along with a Gem 1912 type.

http://connaughtshaving.com/gemss.html

Jpshaver said:
Very useable and there are some big SE fans on the forum. Most popular blades are the SE from Connaught shaving.

I think the streamline and shovel head razors are different models just for interest but the streamline is very desirable SE. I use one in my rotation along with a Gem 1912 type.

http://connaughtshaving.com/gemss.html
thanks for that,will be interesting to see what arrives. If nothing else , could be a
a conversation piece.

The Ever Ready Streamline with a GEM blade from Connaught is pretty much my go to piece of kit for daily use. It's not that it is dramatically superior to a 1912 , just that it looks so very pretty !

Use and enjoy.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

I think a picture would be helpful to let you know what you've bought ... there was a spate of 1912s on eBay being described as both Streamline and Shovel Head in the same sentence, where the 1912 is neither!

Let's have a picture, mpf9ret - either way, if you've got any of these razors, you've got a good 'un :D

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I am a little confused, have you purchased an Ever Ready Streamline and an Ever Ready Shovelhead or just one razor with all of these terms used to describe it?

Regards
Dick.

Hi Dick,
Think you may be right that seller has mixed up the description somewhat. Will wait and see what arrives,and compare it with images of Ever Ready models on the Web.

Very much an impulse buy.Am keeping away from Brushes, as queries on value/
practicality went awry.

pjgh said:
I think a picture would be helpful to let you know what you've bought ... there was a spate of 1912s on eBay being described as both Streamline and Shovel Head in the same sentence, where the 1912 is neither!

Let's have a picture, mpf9ret - either way, if you've got any of these razors, you've got a good 'un :D
Did get from e bay, cannot[me anyway] picture. Will try photo when it arrives,and see if i can send it.
Mike B

Thanks to all , who took time to respond to my request for advice on Ever Ready
Streamline.

Well Chaps, learnt that E Bay descriptions can be misleading. The Razor now received.
It is neither a Streamline or Shovel Head, but in fact comparing it with images on the
Web, it would appear to a 1912 type. Really quite a good looking piece of kit.

On same day, got a plastic handled Ever Ready of the 50`s, which as made in Great
Britain- I have through web browsing believe is called the Ever Ready Natural Angle
Razor. which is the equivalent of the Feather Weight made in USA.

Both look good to display. But as I have ordered some blades, may well be tempted
to give them a try.

pjgh said:
Most definitely DO give them a try ...

The 1912 is superb! I recall seeing those adverts of eBay and thinking they were misleading. The natural angle is quite fun, but milder ... save it for lighter days.

Have fun!
Hi Paul,
I did in my search of web, find a leaflet describing blade loading and shave technique.
So maybe, on a quiet day will give one of them a try.
Mike

Greetings

Both are good razors and both will give you a good shave.

The ER Natural Angle (Featherweight) is not a popular SE but I get a perfectly good shave with them whilst they are a milder shave they are not 'silly' mild. I think what many folks dislike about them (including myself up to a point) is that they have a rather cheap and 'tinny' look about them.

They were made by GEM in the USA and Ever Ready and Star in Britain but are essentially the same razor with tiny cosmetic differences.

The confusing naming and misnaming of some of the old SE's is common, GEM called their model The Featherweight whilst Ever Ready called theirs the The Natural Angle Razor but unfortunately also called another razor, The Heavy Flat Top (When made by GEM) the Natural Angle Razor as well!

Here are my three

Regards
Dick.

DSC05426.JPG

Back
Top Bottom