Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley Review

I've had a fellow shaver from foroafeitado.com today asking for opinion and photos, plus our Ainslie here was interested y'day (so UH won't have to bother and take his camera out as well :lol: ) and thought I should do a quick review and comparison with similar razors.

Weights of the razors are:

EJ DE87 (ivory) and Muehle R89 - 63gr.
EJ DE89 Barley - 77gr.
Merkur 33C - 54gr.
Merkur 34G - 77gr.

As you know the Muehle/EJ razors are sharing the same head, with their handles being different.
The knurling effect on the 'Barley' does not necessarily make it more easy to grip (or less slippery if you like) during shaving.
All of these EJ/Muehle are pretty ok and can be held firm in the hands, and even if you get some lather there you can just wash it off.

I do not have much more to say other than that the EJ/Muehle family of these razors are very well made and give an excellent shave (as the Merkurs of course do).

Don't forget that if you do get one of these EJ/Muehle type of clsoed combs, you can also fit later the new OC head which will be released by Muehle pretty soon (for the moment a small picture on this has been released in the Muehle website).

ba1.jpg

ba2.jpg

ba3.jpg

ba4.jpg

ba5.jpg

ba6.jpg

ba7.jpg

Re: Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley

Lovely photos indeed, thanks for posting these. Of course you realise you are pouring fuel on the fires of our razor greed? :lol: :lol:

N_Architect said:
While I don't really feed them, they seem to actually do, David... :roll:

I just know I'm going to regret asking this K, however do you keep these in the vegetable bin of the fridge with the aftershaves / colognes ; or do they have a small unit of their own ???

JohnnyO. \ :lol:

JohnnyO said:
I just know I'm going to regret asking this K, however do you keep these in the vegetable bin of the fridge with the aftershaves / colognes ; or do they have a small unit of their own ???

JohnnyO. \ :lol:
:lol: :lol: this place here is unbelievable :cool:

Favorite is the 34C (which I got from antdad here in the B/S/T) and then the R89 (which was my second DE razor, acquired in early 2010 when I joined TSR, the first one being the Futur around 6 yrs ago).

Back
Top Bottom