Eco-friendly shave sticks

I'm lamenting the discontinuation of the Palmolive Classic shave stick. Cheap and gave a good shave every time, though I wonder if they would have sold more if a few fragrant choices would have been offered, like almond, sandalwood, coconut, etc? One thing I liked about the Palmolive stick is that there was so little packaging. The paper box and foil wrapping were easily recycled, the only thing that wasn't was a small green piece of plastic holding the soap. Speick seems to offer a similar stick and packaging, and there may be others. The thing is, I would rather buy a shave stick such as Speick from a shop and not online, and definitely not from Amazon. Does anyone know of a shop where I can get a few shave sticks? The only shave stick I've seen in any shops is the Boots one, and it's inside an unecessary plastic tube, and I've heard it's not a very good shave.

Assuming you are in the UK I don't think you will find Speick in a store , I could be wrong but I have never heard anyone say so.

If you are in London DR Harris do shave sticks but they do come in more packaging, wouldn't a puck of soap be more eco friendly as they last longer and there are a fair few that comes in simple packaging as a refill puck such as MWF , Tabac, Hasslinger , Some SV to name but a few. The walk into a shop and buy is more tricky , I can only think of l'occitane.

What you could do is buy a Kilo Block of Vitos, TFS , or Cella or something of that kind , that would last a very long time and they come in Cardboard.

Thanks, McGruff. What shops carry Eco Warrior?

Boots. The ECO Warrior produces a nice lather as well.

If you want an eco friendly shaving stick look no further than Arko or Derby, no sign of plastic, it's wrapped in paper. You can buy them from Connaught Shaving.

If you want to buy something online, I'd recommend looking at the Hampshire Wool Fat soaps, they are paper wrapped and sent in an envelope.

IMO if you really want to take the eco friendly option, I'd recommend keeping an eye for PIF's here. At times people have tried to give away soap with little success, for those kind of PIF's if you use that soap it's effectively soap that was otherwise destined for a landfill perhaps.

Assuming you are in the UK I don't think you will find Speick in a store , I could be wrong but I have never heard anyone say so.

If you are in London DR Harris do shave sticks but they do come in more packaging, wouldn't a puck of soap be more eco friendly as they last longer and there are a fair few that comes in simple packaging as a refill puck such as MWF , Tabac, Hasslinger , Some SV to name but a few. The walk into a shop and buy is more tricky , I can only think of l'occitane.

What you could do is buy a Kilo Block of Vitos, TFS , or Cella or something of that kind , that would last a very long time and they come in Cardboard.
Speick is often found in "Green" stores. When I lived in The Netherlands virtually every "Green" store stocked Speick. I have seen it in Leeds and Richmond, London.

Ratna Tantra (Ratan-8865 on ebay) sells "home made in her kitchen" Hampshire Lanolin (AKA "HWF") soap, 50g for a fiver delivered, and it comes in clingfilm enclosed in a paper bag or something. Small business, minimal packaging (albeit non-recyclable clingfilm). It's good soap too. Plus you can reuse your glass Gü ramekin as a perfect container for it when it arrives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom