DVLA

i've just received a letter from the DVLA demanding that i send them a new photo of me for a driving license renewal and 20 of my pounds.
when did this money making gimmick start?
i'm slowly being bled dry
:evil:

It's an unpublished feature of the photocard licence. I wonder if you can circumvent it before the letter lands by changing address?

I know when we moved in here and I got my first photocard licence, it took them 4 goes to get the right combination of address & photo on the card.

I still have the large, old-style one. When the youngsters at work see it they make all sorts of comments about it!

Ian

hunnymonster said:
Even so I was more than slightly taken aback to get a photo of an obviously female and non-caucasian person on my licence.

LOL you should've kept it; that would certainly make for an interesting conversation the next time you're chatting with the local constabulary. :)

antdad said:
Just get banned, they will renew it without charge. Although the £700 speeding fine was a bit heavy. :shock:

:cool:. I know what ya mean mate I have run around on 9 points contiuasly for the past
10 years, at the start of this year I was down to 3 with the last coming of in sept,
And got hit with another two, one in march an another last month so back to the beloved
9. Only a week to go an I'm down to 6 then another 5 years to be good. Lol.

These aint bad odds when ya think so far this year my vans covered 65000 miles, most
Of which are flat out. Lol it looks foward to my holidays.

Back
Top Bottom