Dr Who

I thought Moffatt did some truly great episodes in previous seasons, but that's far different from overseeing the whole season. I feel a sort of deja vu for some of this season's stories, almost like some are slight variations on previous ones' ... but maybe that's just me.

I think Smith's doing a pretty good job on the role so far, but not too sure about the companion-as-character-versus-as-eye-candy. Time will tell, I guess.

moodymick said:
Nah! that's just a future plot device. The dilithium crystals or whatever will breakdown and they will use the ring (it was from Elizabeth Duke) to save the day ;)

From Elizabeth Duke, or an Elizabethen Duke (time travel, an' all that).

I also suspect that we'll be seeing his rodentesque face again.

Ian

Stopped watching this series after the second episode. It would have helped slightly if this incarnation of the doctor offered a slightly stronger screen presence to help cover the oak solid, one dimensional; script destroying can only deliver her lines in one god awful fashion poor excuse of an assistant.

As for totty, id rather try my luck at pulling the QE2 out of the Albert dock than have a go at that.

RB73 said:
Stopped watching this series after the second episode. It would have helped slightly if this incarnation of the doctor offered a slightly stronger screen presence to help cover the oak solid, one dimensional; script destroying can only deliver her lines in one god awful fashion poor excuse of an assistant.

As for totty, id rather try my luck at pulling the QE2 out of the Albert dock than have a go at that.

You should have stuck with it - it's been getting better & better after a bit of a shaky start. It's one of the only genuine Dad'n'daughter TV events for me and my 10yr-old; in fact, other than Dr Who, she doesn't watch any telly!

meh ... Dr Who has always been preposterous with some annoying bits, now it's preposterous with some different annoying bits. Russel T was pretty self-indulgent and self-gratifying, with some good stuff thrown in - Moffat has some good stuff with some self-indulgence and self-gratifying thrown in ... not too dissimilar overall.

The Bond effect is one of the reasons for watching Bond anyway, innit? ;D

I'd like to see a return of Torchwood/Cap'n Jack, (Just) Jenny (Who), and River Song, less auper-skinny far-too-young-looking female companions, and an overweight/under-tall, middleaged, non-idiotic companion with a huge capacity for lateral thought and eccentricity, but that's maybe just me.

cheese_dave said:
The new girl's a hottie too :cool:

You'll be thrilled to see the new Doctor Who slipcase for the Nintendo DS then Dave....

sonic_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom