Dr Selby

What can one say that isn't superlative about this soap? And why would you want to? It is absoluitely bloody superb! Loads and lathers easily. Thick, rich and creamy. Not a bad price, either. Ah! difficult to get hold of - unless from US, of course.

I don't like the tub it comes in - reminiscent of wash basins with sea-shell soap holes/dishes/indentations - and the green soap is not colour co-ordinated with my bathroom. Apart from these two things - it is bloody marvellous! I'd say, a must have addition to any collection.

Not sure I understand the question so - I searched for and failed to find any Dr Selby on-line except in US so I PM'd the guy who brought it to our attention; he told me his source and gave me a contact name; I emailed the contact at the source and after a brief exchange I bought two tubs at a 10% discount as the postage remained the same as for one; I ordered two shaving brushes at a very similar price but on the understanding that I really wanted Dr Selby's soap. Two tubs duly arrived and I sold one at cost (to me) very quickly to an avid collector.

Dr Selby does not appear on the vendor's website. I don't know why.

It is brilliant stuff! Used it again this morning, this time on a superb silvertip. Again I got a fully loaded brush on half the usual number of swirls and enjoyed an excellent shave.

'S'a bugger! A group buy from the States would attract HMRC big-time and individual purchases would cost a packet in postage. If you are buying something from the States anyway, the addition of a tub of Dr Selby would seem to be mandatory! OR is not davidb still over there?

I had never head much about it till I read your post. Wondered if you had managed to see one on eBay or elsewhere or if you paid the postage to get direct from the US.

You answered the question, it sounds like it is a good soap to try especially if you are ordering stuff from the US.

Back
Top Bottom