Display Cabinet

Hi all

Here is a cabinet that I have been working on this week.

The wife has got fed up with my razors been all over the house and I wanted to put them on display. This cabinet holds 54 straights however I still have loads all over the house and garage so I will have to build another 1 or 2 shortly to accommodate the rest.

These razors have all been restored and are in my rotation. However now I have put them in this cabinet I will be a using them in order and not add hock like I used to. The cabinet has a glass door to it this is still waiting for the paint to dry then it will go on. This will have to wait as I am off to the Lake District for a camping weekend with the boys on the motorbikes tomorrow.

The cabinet below has my safety razors in it as well as some Leatherman's that I used to collect before the straight razors got to me. Anyway hope you enjoy this at some point I will show you my hones and the rest of my collection.

Attachments

• DSCF0777.JPG
    DSCF0777.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF0781.JPG
    DSCF0781.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0785.JPG
    DSCF0785.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0791.JPG
    DSCF0791.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 36
Should be in a gallery Graham, razor Art, would look fantastic as part of a shaving display exhibition especially the way you have them mounted. I would pay to see it if it came to my National gallery.

regards
Jamie

I don't particularly like this style of storing/exhibiting, I would very much prefer to have my straights in wooden boxes; however it is very nicely done and I have to add you're doing very well there with respect to the number of razors in the collection.

I cannot see very clearly but I can imagine the blade quality in the collection follows accordingly. Well done Graham.

Nicely done Graham...

on a similar note if you don't have Graham's skill and you ever come across those rather nasty decoratively filled frames you usually get in the supermarket home-ware section to give as crap gift; they are normally 1" deep or so, glass fronted and have fairly solidly constructed frames.

Similar to this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Decorative-Skeleton-Leaf-Filled-Frame/dp/B000GBAPEO

They can easily be stripped of their innards so they form an almost ready made modestly sized display frame, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom