Derby Shave Soap anyone ?

Yes, I have some and used it with my hallowed stash of Derby Blades. A fine compliment to a fine blade! (Cream)

Someone also sent me a small sample of Derby Shampoo. Worked well; but not sure if it was for human or equine use?

Greetings

I have been using a Derby stick grated into a plastic container for several months as part of a rotation of several (ok quite a lot) of soaps.

I find that it lathers very easily and makes a really nice slick lather with plenty of slide.

What I would say is that I do not find it significantly different to Arko (or Tweex or GZD) all four of these Turkish soaps are IMHO very very similar to each other, they are all of the same consistency apart from GZD which is really quite soft for a stick.

The scent whilst slightly different in each brand is clearly of the same 'family' in all four, that is, lemon/citronella/ urinal blocks/p*ss, depending on your point of view!

I would personally rate them in this order but it is just my opinion (which isn't worth much) Tweex at number 1, Arko and Derby joint no.2 and GZD third but only just.

I would not say that if you have tried Arko you have tried them all...... but you nearly have! YMMV.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks for your thoughts mate! I have tried only a sample of Arko and I always wondered how the other turkish soaps perform.

Probably I will add some Tweex sticks to my next Astra blades order in Bestshave.net shop, hehe

Cheers

Johnus said:
Yes, I have some and used it with my hallowed stash of Derby Blades. A fine compliment to a fine blade! (Cream)

I used it yesterday with a Gillette Super Silver (nos), and this morning with a Derby (from the pack that came with the soap). My Omega 10051 whipped up a nice lather, and both times I had a good shave. Finished with Pereja Lemon Cologne (spray).

Wil said:
Johnus said:

I used it yesterday with a Gillette Super Silver (nos), and this morning with a Derby (from the pack that came with the soap). My Omega 10051 whipped up a nice lather, and both times I had a good shave. Finished with Pereja Lemon Cologne (spray).

This morning the seond shave with the Derby in my R214. I have pushed a stick of GZD in the bowl, together with half a Derby puck. Very good shave. Never thought I would like Derby's. But they are good in a shavette too (the professional half blade).

Back
Top Bottom