Deleting posts

Hey men
Can anyone tell me if you can delete your own posts if your not getting much response
i've moved some items for sale over to ebay no point in leaving the posts open
regards Chris

If you go to 'edit post' there should then be a way of deleting it. If it is at the start of a thread this may be unwise as it the subsequent posts would not make sense. Do you really need to delete any?

Better (and easier) just to edit the post title to add *DONE* at the end, then edit the message body to reflect that items are no longer for sale. It can be archived then.

If you look at your thread there are a couple of icons in the top right of your post. Hover your mouse over them and a box will pop up telling you what each icon does, basically the little "pencil" one allows you to edit. The black cross allows you to delete, subject (I think) to there being no replies.

I'm pretty sure that if there are replies already then editing is your only option.

If you need a whole thread (plus replies) deleting you need a global moderator / admin to do it for you, as far as I know "Boab" holds those privileges as it's his site.

Canuck said:
Better (and easier) just to edit the post title to add *DONE* at the end, then edit the message body to reflect that items are no longer for sale. It can be archived then.

It should be edited to say ***COMPLETE*** only then will it be moved.Any of the mod team will be able to remove a thread if needed, you can PM them for help.

Who mentioned a gulf?
It should be put as ***complete*** so mods can scan the title then move the thread.If you put done, finished,sold etc etc then we don't know if the thread can be moved unless we go into each thread and read through.Sticky threads are usually stickied for a reason, they are worth reading.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6611">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6611</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom