D R HARRIS

Not seen that many reviews on here or im looking in the wrong place :oops: Got some arlington,almond and marlborough samples at the weekend and looking forward to trying it tonight.Just wondering what the overall opinion is of these creams.

many moons ago antdad used to pimp for DRH but if i remember right he was championing the soaps

so i got the Arlington soap and T&H cream just to be safe

I have the Rose shaving cream and have tried there almond cream, the creams are very nice and comparable to the three T's.

The soap on the other hand is something i wont purchase again, really didn't work for me.

I think I had a sample of DRH lavender cream from the defunct club, oops decant club. If I'm thinking of the right one it was an unearthly purple, smelt approximately of lavender, and behaved exactly as one would expect from a Creightons cream (if that's what it is...?). Pretty good, but colour aside not remarkable. The Arlington cologne was far too subdued for my taste: those with better noses will doubtless find that their mileage is at variance with mine.

Arrowhead said:
I think I had a sample of DRH lavender cream from the defunct club, oops decant club. If I'm thinking of the right one it was an unearthly purple, smelt approximately of lavender, and behaved exactly as one would expect from a Creightons cream (if that's what it is...?). Pretty good, but colour aside not remarkable. The Arlington cologne was far too subdued for my taste: those with better noses will doubtless find that their mileage is at variance with mine.

I couldn't get my head (nose) around medicinal smell that lurks in this cologne :? Have to hand it to Geo, he has the other two T's and Harris beat on fragrances.

I have the Arlington and Marlborough. Nice scents but not outstanding in terms of lather. Recently, I have been leaving my soaps completely covered with a layer of warm water.Performance has been much improved. I have yet to apply the same approach to my DR Harris soaps but see no reason why they should not be much better left soaking for longer.

:shave Well first pass was fine very nice lather but the lather in the mug soon went watery for the 2nd and 3rd pass,also nowhere as slick as say bluebeards or henks or old spice to me..used the almond cream.

I've tried a lot of DRH products over the years, and to be honest I have never been that impressed with any of it. With one exception, I think the After Shaving Milk is an absolutely superb product, but that's all DRH have for me, I'm afraid.

The Almond soap has been in regular use in Vinny's bathroom for 6 months and has just been joined by the Lavender version.

I don't think I need any other soap now.

Well, perhaps the Arlington, maybe.

I have Arlington sc in tube and have also tried the Marlborough sc as sample from Paul's club. Very nice, especially the Marlborough.

I subsequently bought Marlborough in soap and then Arlington in soap. In the beginning I used to soak the puck in water (as it sit inside DRH's' original wooden bowl), worked nicely. Fido is correct, there are even better latherers out there however the DRH soaps/cremes are way better than 3T's.

The soap stick does a brilliant job lather-wise, though (I have it in Almond - a kind of 'cheesy' smell) and comes in that nice plastic container, easy and handy to carry when travelling.

The after shaves are equally nice, I have Arlington and Marlborough (and had Sandalwood which did not like and traded with antdad). They do a great job after a shave though you may have to be a bit generous with the quantity applied.

The cologne (I have Marlborough and Old English Lavender Water) does the job. The Marlborough scent is fairly one-dimensional, but if you happen to like it there's no substitute in that straight 'manly/tobacco' category, excluding the menthol-scented Alt Innsbruck which is also very nice.

Overall great quality products that do not come very cheap but that is life I suppose. A clear step above 3T's.

Back
Top Bottom