czech & speake samples

NNathwani said:
I've only tried the 88 and Oxford & Cambridge and I preferred the O&C. I still have some of the sample left which I use sparingly. Don't think I would fork out for a bottle but could be tempted to buy the shaving soap at some point.

The soaps are good, Valobra good.

received my sample pack today. first impressions are that dark rose is wonderful, 88 i like but it reminds me of hippy shops, the vetiver colgne is very nice too. oxford and cambridge i like but not enough to buy a bottle ill stick with pour un homme de caron for my lavender hit. cuba, it wasnt what i was expecting... from what ive read about it i expected it to smell like a dog having a shit in a stale ashtray. i quite like it , think ill have to reserve judgement till ive tried it on my skin though.

isaiah53 said:
received my sample pack today. first impressions are that dark rose is wonderful, 88 i like but it reminds me of hippy shops, the vetiver colgne is very nice too. oxford and cambridge i like but not enough to buy a bottle ill stick with pour un homme de caron for my lavender hit. cuba, it wasnt what i was expecting... from what ive read about it i expected it to smell like a dog having a shit in a stale ashtray. i quite like it , think ill have to reserve judgement till ive tried it on my skin though.

Excellent analogy, although not sure that mere confirmation of the fact that it does not smell of that is sufficient for me to now have a punt on it!

Pete

SAINT12661 said:
Excellent analogy, although not sure that mere confirmation of the fact that it does not smell of that is sufficient for me to now have a punt on it!

Pete

Hi Pete,
I agree it was an excellent review of the C&S sample pack. I was one who thought the initial hit of Cuba was a bit dog poop, but it dried down and was quite nice, just that first half an hour or so that I didn't enjoy. So it's not on my shopping list. The sample pack is only £2.50, as stated in the first post and with that they give you a £5 voucher code to be redeemed off any eventual purchase, perhaps that may be worth the punt. From this pack I nipped in and bought bechet45's #88, sorry Isaiah53, and I think I will get the Oxford and Cambridge soon, too.

Scott.

had chance to have a sniff of all the samples and try a few on my skin, this is what i think...

cuba - my out and out favourite, manly and spicy, i love it. ill quite possibly buy a bottle of this.
vetiver vert - really nice, 2nd favourite from the samples
dark rose - absolutely wonderful, a touch too feminine for me though. my girlfriend was round this afternoon and couldnt believe i liked it, said it smelt like her grannys knicker drawer.
88 - i like this a fair bit, but not enough to buy it. as i said earlier reminds me of hippy shops. UPDATE: tried this on my skin today and its blew me away, absolutely gorgeous.
O & C - very nice, but i prefer other lavender scents.
F & M - pretty ambivalent towards this, its nice but nothing that excites me.
neroli - i liked this a lot but when push comes to shove id rather spend a tenner on some 4711
citrus paradisi - didnt like this at all, smelt like a sweaty t shirt over a 1980s deoderant.

the rose was nice, but for the ladies. the mimosa didnt really bother me one way or another

I've used nothing but Czech & Speake colognes for years. I started with No.88 but then moved on to Frankincense & Myrrh and then to Oxford & Cambridge. Those last two have been my staple ever since. I also didn't like Dark Rose and was ambivalent about Cuba. My son likes Citrus Paradisi but it seems to suit him but not me. I've also tried Neroli but not their latest one (Vetivier). They are good quality fragrances and if you buy from the Jermyn Street shop you will always go home with a bagful of samples.

David

Back
Top Bottom