Crystals - Not all they're cracked out to be...?

AJP

This is certainly the opinion i am forming of these blades. This morning was the 2nd shave with one of these blades and it certainly wasn't as comfortable as the Supermax or Red IP's IMHO! They seem to me to be more akin to Derby's - at least the results i get from them! My face has been feeling slightly uncomfortable all day!

I am now unsure whether to palm strop and go for a 3rd try with this blade tomorrow, try another from the same pack (i guess it is feasible that this was a dud :?: ) or just move onto another brand in the sampler.

Thoughts gents?

Cheers for your time,

TOny.

(Edited for crap typo in title...!)

Fido, cheers i know what you mean, but would you give the brand what is in essence a 2nd chance, assuming the current one maybe a dud? Or just bin it and move on?

Tony.

Bin it (could have been a dud, it happens). Try another one. It could have been your prep was off that day.

I always give blades a second chance. If I have a bad shave with a blade I know is usually good, I bin that one straight away in case it's a dud also.

These things are cheap.

John

AJP said:
Fido, cheers i know what you mean, but would you give the brand what is in essence a 2nd chance, assuming the current one maybe a dud? Or just bin it and move on?

Tony.

I guess I'm the sort that takes no prisoners. If it's just a dud there's a pretty good chance there are other duds! Personally I only give a sample blade one chance. But you are hardly taking a risk if give them another chance as John suggests. Just one more uncomfortable day?

Tried the 2nd blade in the pack this morning - not as bad - in fact not too bad at all IMO. Better then the Derby's for me, but not quite as good as the Red IP's and the Supermax.

Tony.

For the sheer quantity of blades on offer you can be as fussy as you like. I think most here have probably settled on 2/3 blades that really work for them and then just pick and choose blades solely for comparisons and the sheer hell of it.

Example: I use Iridium Supers, Yellow 7’s and Red personna’s. But am getting a growing urge to try Gillette Super Thins due to the locals talking about them. (HINT, HINT).

I agree, if I find a blade inconsistent I will stay away from them. However you need to try more than one to know they are inconsistent if you know what I mean.

Sometimes I just need two blades to get used to them, if I find the first blade harsh I will try the next one in a milder razor.

AJP said:
RB73 said:
Gillette Super Thins (HINT,HINT) :roll:

Mate if i had any i'd PIF you at least a couple.....but i don't. Sorry. :cry:

Tony.

Thats ok fella. It was more of a cheeky forum wide hint. They do work sometimes as shown. Fido has very generously been in touch. :)

Which blades have you tried so far Tony.. :?:

I have tried:

Derby - Not overly keen to be fair, seemed to pull and nick alot, but haven't tried corking.
Red IP's - Only tried 1 so far, but loved it! Gave me a lovely close irritation free shave.
Supermax - Much the same as the Red IP's IMHO - at least for my skin :D
Crystal - As seen in this post, 1st blade not too hot, but 1st shave on second blade was better.

Cheers,
Tony.

AJP said:
I have tried:

Derby - Not overly keen to be fair, seemed to pull and nick alot, but haven't tried corking.
Red IP's - Only tried 1 so far, but loved it! Gave me a lovely close irritation free shave.
Supermax - Much the same as the Red IP's IMHO - at least for my skin :D
Crystal - As seen in this post, 1st blade not too hot, but 1st shave on second blade was better.

Cheers,
Tony.

Send me a PM and il get some highly recommended blades over for you to try.

Cool thanks.

Just sent you a PM which mentions some blades i still have here to try - so you don't "waste" them on me when you could use them yourself or send to another newbie.

Thanks again for your generosity.

Tony.

Back
Top Bottom