Cool shave?

I am a relative newcomer to the merits of Ingram shave cream, I use it in conjunction with Edwin Jagger Aloe soap, they seem to bring the best out of each other and are greater than the sum of their parts I feel.
unfortunately I'm all but out of the soap having only a sad ring around the bottom of the tub so I ordered some more, except this time I ordered Edwin Jagger Mentholated soap for that double menthol hit :) Can't wait to try it out in the morning :)

Rascally said:
I am a relative newcomer to the merits of Ingram shave cream, I use it in conjunction with Edwin Jagger Aloe soap, they seem to bring the best out of each other and are greater than the sum of their parts I feel.
unfortunately I'm all but out of the soap having only a sad ring around the bottom of the tub so I ordered some more, except this time I ordered Edwin Jagger Mentholated soap for that double menthol hit :) Can't wait to try it out in the morning :)

Turns out Edwin Jagger Menthol soap is much nicer than their Aloe Vera soap. It lathers more readily (although a drop of water on the puck in it's tub the night before may have helped there), it smells nicer and the scent is stronger (Herby smell with slight hint of Ginger) and works fairly well on it's own. It is not nearly as strong as Ingram Menthol wise but combined with Ingram gives a really lovely cool shave :)
A great combination.

I have the mentholated soap from Edwin Jagger and do like it. As stated, it is lighter than Ingram's but it is a very nice shave, especially with their mentholated pre-shave cream, which I also use as a post-shave cream, massaged into a cold splashed face ... all over for a really brisk hit!

Re: RE: Cool shave?

John0612 said:
http://www.wmneumann.com/products/shave-soap-half-pounder-absolute-zero can't use it for the tears blinding me :)

From the ingredients list: Kosher Lanolin
If you keep kosher the probability is high that you will belong to the bearded camp.

John0612 said:
http://www.wmneumann.com/products/shave-soap-half-pounder-absolute-zero can't use it for the tears blinding me :)

Looks interesting, hope to check it out one day when the kids have flown and I've got some cash again ;-)

Back
Top Bottom