Complete nutcase for ice hockey.

Completely new to this forum, but looking at the coverage of sports by members, i don't see any ice hockey fans, me i am old but i am a complete nutcase for all things ice hockey, watching, both in the UK and over the pond as in the NHL. anyone ever given it a try? :icon_razz:[/b]

Obviously haven't looked hard enough.

I'm a Panthers fan and there's an Edinburgh Capitals fan.

I've not tried it - got my little finger cut off by an ice (glice actually) skate when I was 9 but one of my second cousins used to play.

joe mcclaine said:
Obviously haven't looked hard enough.

I'm a Panthers fan and there's an Edinburgh Capitals fan.

I've not tried it - got my little finger cut off by an ice (glice actually) skate when I was 9 but one of my second cousins used to play.

Ah! a Nottingham fan, well i'm a Steeler, small world! Dont take to the ice much now but still in touch with one or two of the old Steelers, last time on the ice was v Cardiff wife won £1770 on 50/50.

You been a forum member long Joe?

I've lived in Canada and the USA for the last 47 years, but I've not really adopted ice hockey as a game for me. I like it much better than American football, which I find farcical and just plain ridiculous, but find that there is just too much fighting in the NHL to make it enjoyable to watch. Also, the NHL season is way too long. I grew up playing rugby, and field hockey to a lesser extent, and find them much more enjoyable to watch and play. Soccer also appeals to me, but in small doses. I guess rugby is my choice by far even if Canada doesn't have a terribly good team.

Rugby League Mainly.

But NHL is'ts got to be the pen's started following them when lemux was there 2002 time, over here used to go watch the Vipers a few times till they got moved to south Shields then went belly up.

greyhounddad said:
Rugby League Mainly.

But NHL is'ts got to be the pen's started following them when lemux was there 2002 time, over here used to go watch the Vipers a few times till they got moved to south Shields then went belly up.

Panthers vs Vipers at Nottingham Ice Stadium / Capital One Arena was the first match I ever watched.

That should be Capital FM Arena, although it was probably called the Nottingham Arena in those days.

Back
Top Bottom