Commitable Again

P

Panamal

I really want to say hello and to tell you about my re-entry into the life of those who have no life, the "wet shavers".
After waiting for several weeks (I live in Central America) I received my razors, a Merkur 23C, recommended for beginners, and a 1964 J2 Gillette slim adjustable that impresses newbies yet is reasonable. Yes, a collector before knowledge or anything sane like experience. One little round of shaving soap and 8 different brands of blade, that's it. No brush yet, no lotions yet, no one I know is a "wet shaver" alone ... into the fray.
In the mean time I had watched a ton of clips on safety razors and the joys of a 12 cent blade. I was a one pass, four dollar cartridge guy. So ... I lathered up and took a few downward strokes from my ear with my new razor and blade (no side burns) and thought, "Cheez, I must have forgotten to put the blade in". You guys know the rest, I have the smoothest shave I have every had. Could have left one more layer of skin on my face for comfort tho, but what the hey, it's my first shave.
One good shave, and am now forced to wait until tomorrow so I can shave again. Not fair. I console myself by ordering more 'have to have' equipment, brushes soaps etc., and watching great wet shaving clips by commitable, but happy, middle aged men.
Hope you let me stay.
Panamal

Back
Top Bottom