Clueless gifter seeks advice

Hello! Firstly, my apologies if I've posted in the wrong place, I'll fix it asap if you could let me know.

I'm looking to buy a safety razor with brush and stand, preferably featuring chrome as I've already bought a chrome bowl (to match a set I'm returning). Since I've already fluffled this once, I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give to help me avoid further problems (it was not as described, discoloured and the brush didn't fit the stand). It was listed as Frank Shaving Luxury Double Edge Safety Razor Set with Pure Badger Shaving Brush & Chrome Stand on Amazon UK.

He recommended a budget of £25-£35, but I'm wondering if that's just too low for a decent purchase?

I can't post the link, but any thoughts on the 'Luxury Wet Shaving Gift Set Kit - Double Edge Safety Razor, Badger Brush , Stand' on Amazon?

The Haryali London thread has me feeling dubious.

Thank you for your time!

Werebadger.

Have a look at separate brush and razor stands. It wasn't too long ago that I was in your situation looking for something smart in order that SWMBO would let me keep them out ;)

The advantage of the separate stands is that they are cheap, and you can add more as your brush collection grows. ~ You need a bristle to go with your badger don't you ;)

Here is a picture of my cheap set up, the bowl is a ramekin from the kitchen ;)

An Edwin Jagger razor on its own will set you back around £22 itself, but is a great looking razor and is beautifully chromed. There are probably good cheap sets out there, but cheap often looks cheap as you found out.

DtB22d.jpg

Sorry to drag up an oldish post but i agree with the posts above Edwin Jagger and Merkur make fantastic Razors. Im not sure if Merkur do a set but Edwin Jagger do!

Lol, well spotted. It was a ' Ducky' bath toy/sponge thing that my daughter wanted from Primark. I was going to go and put his picture up in response but it appears that he has since been replaced with a Minnie mouse sponge. Guess her bath den doesn't get as cluttered as my shave den.

Back
Top Bottom