Clean Up Help

After all the enabling on here, I'm looking at you pjgh , I splurged a fiver on a Gem Junior Parade at the weekend. I have seen variously that the head is just brass and that it is gold plated, which is it for cleaning up? I have also read that the chunky handle is either plastic or Bakelite, again which is it for cleaning purposes. Don't want to dissolve anything after the big outlay, all tips and tricks greatly appreciated.

Greetings

As the GEM Junior frame (head) is unplated brass on this model I would recommend good old Brasso, it's what I used on the head of mine and it polished up superbly.

I should add the caveat cum warning; do not use Brasso on any plated razors especially gold plated ones as it may damage the plating.

Frankly I did not know how to clean up the handle on mine and like you I was worried that the old plastic or Bakelite might be attacked so I just scrubbed it with a nailbrush and Fairy liquid, it worked fine.

Regards
Dick.

After being routerless for the past week, I'm back to report on my new additions. I had a great shave with the 1912 Parade, and just when I thought it couldn't
get any better, the Featherweight gave me the best shave of my life, and I'm old........

Back
Top Bottom