car booting - live

Well, welcome to the cut throat business of car booting.

Chappy stood next to me says there's an Viscount model on another stall, and there was, tatty as hell, when I got back to the Imperial it had gone.

Chappy was a wrong 'un.

Not a big loss, as I've never really wanted a Rolls. Still gauling though.

Nothing else of note there, I'm still waiting to find a boxed fatboy and slim adjustable for 50p.

NotTheStig said:
Bad luck mate. I've been to a few and not found anything except a few ancient electric razors. No interest to me.

Razor wise all I've come across are lots of travel sets with Techs in them, they seem to be car boot fodder, non that have made me part with money though.

Best thing I found was an old bottle of Shulton Old Spice that found a home on here.

i go every weekend (work permitting) and i do find stuff, but you need to really look hard, open boxes, tins everything, and don't be afraid to ask, and if it's cheap, buy it, dont hesitate, even if you can get the old grooming kits for a couple of quid, the tech's in them are worth keeping, good to sell to newbies etc etc.

there is less and less stuff around, i suppose more of the generations that use DE razors are going and when it comes to clearing out belongings , the phrase "who would want an old razor...........?" springs to mind.

but i can go for three weeks and find nothing, then i go and find a slim or a fatboy or even an aristocrat, just depends of your luck is in on the day.

if you have antique fairs, then go to them, i have found some good stuff over the past three years

Skin Glider said:
trouble with boots these days is ebay. So many just sit there finding out what things are worth etc and try to get that for it . I laugh at some prices people ask, worse than charity shops !

True, last week there was a lady selling a Boxed parker 45 pen, the fountain pen was in fair condition, she wanted £60.00 !!!!

i had my iphone and checked the date code on the pen, 1996 !

she was also selling a rubiks cube (unboxed) for £18.00 !!

errr

sorry

read the thread title and thought Steve improvised and connected a mobile camera through his cell connection for us addicted so that we can watch him carbooting... :lol:

rushed fast to read the thread, expected to see a link, but...

never mind, this is TSR, nothing is impossible, may be one day...
perhaps one day mid November, when I'll be in London for a whole week :D :D (and yes, I'll make a separate thread for that, it'll be a proposed "DO" as the frequent flyers call it...) :eek: :ugeek:

N_Architect said:
errr

sorry

read the thread title and thought Steve improvised and connected a mobile camera through his cell connection for us addicted so that we can watch him carbooting... :lol:

rushed fast to read the thread, expected to see a link, but...

never mind, this is TSR, nothing is impossible, may be one day...
perhaps one day mid November, when I'll be in London for a whole week :D :D (and yes, I'll make a separate thread for that, it'll be a proposed "DO" as the frequent flyers call it...) :eek: :ugeek:

if you come over "K" i will meet up of you want, have a few pints, (will bring my suitcase of razor stock too !!!! :lol: :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom