Can anyone identify this one?

ekeko

Chocoholic
Supporter
Just picked up the one on the top of the foto. No serial number or makers name anywhere but clearly pretty old, looks 20’s at a guess and is well used. The one below is my Gillette single ring for comparison. Whilst the screw-in tubes look similar the top one has a taper at the end. The screw rod is also slightly longer. There are signs that originally it was silver plated.
Any help would be appreciated guys!

image.jpg

Thanks TobyC, I was wondering if it was perhaps a German copy. It seems pretty well made and was silver plated but not quite as solid as Gillette and dimensions do differ slightly from the ring version. It only cost me a tenner

Thanks TobyC, I was wondering if it was perhaps a German copy. It seems pretty well made and was silver plated but not quite as solid as Gillette and dimensions do differ slightly from the ring version. It only cost me a tenner
I would have bought it too, cool razor, and as long as it isn't damaged it should shave well. (y)

Used it today and found it ok but needs a very light touch as it was a tad rough for my liking. Used a new blade so need to re check the blade gap. The blade curve isn’t great so it lies a bit flat, can’t think what is was like with older stiffer blades.

Used it today and found it ok but needs a very light touch as it was a tad rough for my liking. Used a new blade so need to re check the blade gap. The blade curve isn’t great so it lies a bit flat, can’t think what is was like with older stiffer blades.
Should have mentioned that it came with a loose end comb tooth so I did a small repair with steel putty, could have left it off of course. Repair didn’t affect the shave performance.

Back
Top Bottom