Bryan Ferry - are you taking the p**s?!

Further to my earlier rant about the cost of tickets to stand around in a field and watch (using binoculars if necessary) The Rolling Stones this summer, I am now frothing to discover that Roxy Music are charging up to £701.55 to see them perform at the O2 Arena in London!

Yes, the price does include 'a commemorative laminate and lanyard' and 'an item personally autographed by Roxy Music' but, for this kind of money, I'd want to go round Bryan Ferry's house and watch telly and stuff. There are 'cheaper' tickets available, from £151.55 down to £49.80, but anyone who knows this venue will tell you that at the lower price range, the seats are going to be bad. Very bad. And apparently all pre-sale tickets have sold out already! Who are these people able to afford these prices? I'd very much like to be their friend.

I totally love this band, and have been lucky enough to see them many times in the past. But on this occasion, I'm going to walk away. Watch me Bryan. Tara.

Last edited:
See the absolutely fabulous concert in Fréjus (mid 80's I believe); absolutely fantastic; but no longer worth it and extremely dated; probably now the only CD's (yes CD's) that I put onto a USB for my car that I fast forward over; out of the many and varied albums I have.

Further to my earlier rant about the cost of tickets to stand around in a field and watch (using binoculars if necessary) The Rolling Stones this summer, I am now frothing to discover that Roxy Music are charging up to £701.55 to see them perform at the O2 Arena in London!

Yes, the price does include 'a commemorative laminate and lanyard' and 'an item personally autographed by Roxy Music' but, for this kind of money, I'd want to go round Bryan Ferry's house and watch telly and stuff. There are 'cheaper' tickets available, from £151.55 down to £49.80, but anyone who knows this venue will tell you that at the lower price range, the seats are going to be bad. Very bad. And apparently all pre-sale tickets have sold out already! Who are these people able to afford these prices? I'd very much like to be their friend.

I totally love this band, and have been lucky enough to see them many times in the past. But on this occasion, I'm going to walk away. Watch me Bryan. Tara.

Fortunately I saw them as warm up band on tour with Mot The Hoople for a few quid!’

I'll throw in here as my first response to a post , at age 60 I won't be seeing my 32 year old wife's elderly Boyfriend Paul McCartney perform here in California on his forthcoming final tour? at $1000 or so per seat ....too bad, as being a life long Beatles and Paul fan I would love to go ....... concert prices are way out of line for a guy on a pension with a wife and six year old to support !

I'll throw in here as my first response to a post , at age 60 I won't be seeing my 32 year old wife's elderly Boyfriend Paul McCartney perform here in California on his forthcoming final tour? at $1000 or so per seat ....too bad, as being a life long Beatles and Paul fan I would love to go ....... concert prices are way out of line for a guy on a pension with a wife and six year old to support !
Maybe for the best that you keep the memories that you have of him fresh?
Although in saying that one of my all time, probably my all time favourite, the late great Leonard Cohen's performances and voice (if that was at all possible) actually improved with age.
Managed to see him live 3 times, he never disappointed.
RIP Leonard.

Maybe for the best that you keep the memories that you have of him fresh?
Although in saying that one of my all time, probably my all time favourite, the late great Leonard Cohen's performances and voice (if that was at all possible) actually improved with age.
Managed to see him live 3 times, he never disappointed.
RIP Leonard.
I got to see Leonard Cohen twice, I seem to remember it was around the £70 mark, it was worth every penny. I feel privileged to have seen him live :)

I got to see Leonard Cohen twice, I seem to remember it was around the £70 mark, it was worth every penny. I feel privileged to have seen him live :)
Yes, absolutely unbelievable performer, unbelievable person, so very sadly missed by all; and the musicians he surrounded himself with were again the very best. I remember one of his opening lines at the O2 Arena, where he said something to the effect of "I understand that many of you have been put to some significant financial and geographical inconvenience in attending tonight, but we are going to give you everything we have got" pure class; and they did; well worth the £80.00 x 2 plus all of the rest of the expense in getting to and from the venue etc.
This is the only time I have ever done this, but I went up to the O2 without any tickets on the day; it was just pure luck that they had a row just in front of the mixing and control etc equipment that came available just on the day; I also picked up a couple of Tina Turner tickets for the same venue to boot; very lucky, just for once!
The O2 Arena concert is actually now on DVD (or the modern day equivalent) and it is well worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom