Bringing stuff back from usa

Daughter off to florida next week and was going to get her to get me some mamas :?.Would it be ok to bring say 5 tubs back as far as customs etc..im sure i heard someone say it contains glycerine so would be stopped and taken off you.. :?:

First time I hear this (i.e. on the glycerine) so no clue really. Don't think it would be a problem but in nowadays you never know...
Thought you would be worrying on the cost of all items to be brought back from the U.S. but I guess 5 tubs may not be that much of a problem (unless your daughter has bought more things for herself and these are indeed hard to hide or make them look used).

Are UK airports (LHR, MAN, etc.) customs tough anyway? Never used LHR as connecting airport. Would be good to know...

I was in the States last year and brought back quite a few Van Der Hagen shave soaps without any problems,in fact i didnt realise it might be a problem,also Robert Otten sent me five or six of these same soaps through the post from America without any issues.
Ask her to get you some Mennen Afta(sic)shave skin conditioner,it's good stuff,cheap,and readily available from places like Wal-Mart.

Dave.

trainman said:
I was in the States last year and brought back quite a few Van Der Hagen shave soaps without any problems,in fact i didnt realise it might be a problem,also Robert Otten sent me five or six of these same soaps through the post from America without any issues.
Ask her to get you some Mennen Afta(sic)shave skin conditioner,it's good stuff,cheap,and readily available from places like Wal-Mart.

Dave.

Blimey it is cheap. I'm going to have to contact my American friend now !!! :D

trainman said:

Dave.

Now see what you have done, not only have I asked her to get me some of that. I noticed the price of Col Conk at Target $3.49, £2.11 !!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

N_Architect said:
Are UK airports (LHR, MAN, etc.) customs tough anyway? Never used LHR as connecting airport. Would be good to know...

Arriving at quiet airports and/or quiet times (or if the customs man didn't get it last night) can be "interesting". Odd times I've come from outside the EU and known I'd be close to the limit, I've itemised everything bought on a sheet of A4 and their interest wanes dramatically. Overheard one at LHR once when I was coming back from 12 months in Canada (I'd just convinced mine that he didn't want to look through 12 months worth of skidmarked keks - although actually they weren't and were freshly laundered just before I left Canada) telling a bloke his "Rorex" was "all worthless shit sir" (ie. clearly trying to get him to clear off so customs dude didn't have any paperwork to do), bloke was having none of it until I leaned in and said to him "he wants you to bugger off, but he's not allowed to say it" :lol:

Incidentally I actively avoid LHR like the plague - it's a shithole designed and operated by the Marquis de Sade.

slash said:
Daughter off to florida next week and was going to get her to get me some mamas :?.Would it be ok to bring say 5 tubs back as far as customs etc..im sure i heard someone say it contains glycerine so would be stopped and taken off you.. :?:

Up to £300 worth of gifts. As long as it doesnt look like you are running an import scam you will be fine.

im waiting for Col Conk to reformulate :shock:

B

Northam Saint said:
trainman said:

Dave.

Now see what you have done, not only have I asked her to get me some of that. I noticed the price of Col Conk at Target $3.49, £2.11 !!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Blades said:
im waiting for Col Conk to reformulate :shock:

B

Northam Saint said:
trainman said:

Dave.

At that price I don't mind old formula. I have only tried the amber but I like it, smells nice, I can get a good lather from it, works for me.

I returned from a trip there a couple of weeks ago. Brought back some Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva aftershave as well as some VDH soap. No problems at all, I packed it in my checked bag.

Back
Top Bottom