Breaking in a horse?

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
No I'm not after equestrian advice, I just wondered if horse hair brushes go through a breaking in period like boar are are they more ready to go like badger?

Pig Cat said:
Urban Hermit is very clued-up on horse hair brushes. I expect he'll come across your post sooner or later. :D

Yes he's indeed the man,he piffed me a cheap horse hair brush ages ago,in my experience there's not been a great deal of breakage with use,feels pretty much the same as it was when I got it really,any particular reason why you removed me off fb mate? :D

Skin Glider said:
this is something i have always thought about..
My father never rinsed his brush out. He would leave it covered in soap. Is this good for a brush ? i thought it might dry out the bristles ?

I just used a nice mug and some Proraso and could instantly see the difference between this Horse and the Wilkinson. It is far superior and thats why so many rate it
"Shaving on the cheap" is so much fun !

Having recently experienced a shredding brush this is something I did read about and basically YES it will. Someone here when I was having problems posted a link to here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.shaving101.com/index.php/education/shaving-brush-basics/219-avoid-brush-damage-and-maximize-your-investment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.shaving101.com/index.php/edu ... tment.html</a><!-- m -->

It's quite a long piece but you will see there is something about washing out brushes and hair loss due to soap scum.

James_uk said:
,any particular reason why you removed me off fb mate? :D
If I remember correctly I removed you when I also removed a few younger family members who are or have mates who are a bit free and easy with language and adult content, the problem with FB is that if someone replies to a status then all their friends see it. My problem is that my kids often look over my shoulder when I'm on my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom