Blasts From The Past

There is a mental shop in York named Boyse. In it you will find chocolates next to underwear; garden tools near baby clothes and knickers next to fishing rods. It is an enjoyable journey into the unknown and if you don't know what you want, it's the place to be.

I shouldn't be surprised but I was that on a shelf sat Brut Original, a Pinky Coloured Brut, Old Spice, Denim, Tabac and Addiction - they were somewhere near the adult incontinence pants but I don't think there's a link. Had a splash of Old Spice and ran off to find the wife 'What do you think!' I grinned. She looked a little confused then said 'You smell sort of Off'. Ok back for some Denim on the back of the hand, weird smell that took two days to wash off, found the wife who had a sniff and walked out of the shop without looking back.

I'm going back on my own to try the Pink Brut - can't wait.

Boyse is a great shop a bit like wilkinsons if they dont sell it you dont need it.At our local one they had jovan musk but the wife would not entertain it.I thought it quite nice

I picked up some rather nice rectangular sandwich boxes there..( the corners are quite square, and not heavily rounded as most plastic boxes are) ....excellent for keeping my accumulation of blades in, one for my spare razors and another for my soaps..

Pmsl. Brilliant. Boyses on Goodramgate. It certainly is a 'mental shop'!

We used to go there to get material (top floor) to make costumes for nights out at Uni, then down the charity shops on the same road (once got a full suit for £6, didn't take long to figure out why it was just £6...).

To add to the mentality of it, I know a guy who works there. I went to Uni with him and he was the stand-out student, always first class results and even got an award for exceptional student at graduation. He's still there!

Might well pop in tomorrow and have a laugh.

There's a few different Bruts.

I've seen an orange one (Musk) a pale blue one (Alaska) a darker blue one that looks like Aqua Velva and ... I think ... a yellow one.

Just got the same lecture from my wife about my Drakkar Noir. 'are you wearing something? You know a lot of women don't like scents any more!' you don't like it it's Drakkar Noir ! No I don't! 'try something withLine!'
Too bad!

Back
Top Bottom