Blackland Vector - Titanium

I see that a titanium version of the Blackland Vector is coming out. I will pass as the stainless steel Vector is light enough but can anyone
tell me if other than lightness there are other advantages of titanium in a razor. Lightening my wallet is not an advantage!

No advantage that you'll gain through the medium of shaving with the exception of weight saving. Titanium razors exist because they provide another sales opportunity for manufacturers and most of us are desperate to keep buying razors. There is an element of 'prestige' associated with a titanium razor if you're in to that kind of thing.

No advantage that you'll gain through the medium of shaving with the exception of weight saving. Titanium razors exist because they provide another sales opportunity for manufacturers and most of us are desperate to keep buying razors. There is an element of 'prestige' associated with a titanium razor if you're in to that kind of thing.
Although it has been said that the titanium version gives a slightly smoother shave if I've read what Shane said correctly.
Edit: I think that comment was in regard to the To Blackbird, sorry, my mistake.

Paul

Last edited:
It depends just how light it is. My 44g Merkur travel razor would probably be considered a lightweight but it's plenty heavy enough to "glide" effortlessly - at least on my beard. I also have a 16g plastic razor (El Fantasma) which definitely needs a slightly different technique. You have to consciously pull it a little harder. That probably gets worse the thicker your stubble is.

Sharper blades should help compensate for a lighter razor. You might find they don't seem to last for as many shaves.

On the other hand straight razors are often very light but can shave better than anything. You just learn to apply the right kind of pressure. Skin-stretching helps to stop the blade catching and digging in - that might help with a lightweight razor too.

Back
Top Bottom