Best electric conical-burr coffee grinder for under £100

^ Yes they're one of those items that tends to fetch a standard price on eBay now. IME, the only bargains are in the classified ads on the secondhand sites where people don't always know what the standard price is.

One stone in dozens and dozens of kilos of beans and they gave me loyalty points equivalent to the cost of a new grinder - but no names, no pack drill.
Well that was pretty decent of them and a good result.

Not Ethiopian but all sacks of beans are likely to contain stones. I learned that the de-stoning process doesn't happen until the retailer does it.
Interesting. I wondered about the Ethiopian link because Mazzer sell a magnet to hang in the neck of the grinder to catch the ferrous stones found in Ethiopian batches. I wasn't sure whether stones were more usual from that region or if theirs were the only stones it could pick up!
ms_3_1.jpg
I scoop beans out into a thin metal bowl before they go in the grinder and just hope I hear the change in sound.

I wondered how you got on Mr S?
I ended up buying a 2nd-hand Baratza Encore on ebay. Got a good price too at $60 (about 40 quid). Got it cheap because the seller didn't bother cleaning it and it looked in the photos like it was used to grind pig sh!t. Spent an hour giving it a thorough teardown/clean and it looks brand new. Does exactly what I want it to.
My Krups is for sale (now sold) if anyone wants it. Only used about 5 times, pretty new-ish. It grinds fine enough for espresso, but excels for automatic drip machines. I'll probably list it in BST this weekend to sell or trade for shaving crap.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like a good buy.
I spent just a little under that for a hand grinder.

Although I would still prefer my hand grinder.

Back
Top Bottom