Belstaff wax jacket cleaning

I've got a vintage belstaff trialmaster jacket that needs a good clean. The lining is dirty and it's more than a bit whiffy. I've seen an Australian detergent for wax cotton by tantech, anyone have any experience of this? Or any other advice? Failing that any recommendations for a professional cleaning company?
Thanks

I know that for Barbour wax jackets the only way to clean one is to sponge it down with clean, cold water, no soap and no detergent; this includes the lining. A Barbour wax jacket can't be washed in a washing machine or dry cleaned. Belstaff recommends the same cleaning procedure for their wax jackets.

Last edited:
+1 above

I have re-waxed a few Barbour jackets. I used Barbour wax, best to heat the jacket and soften the wax, work into the jacket evenly. The jacket was never as good as the factory finish

I've owned many Barbour jackets: Beaufort, Bedale and Westmorland (can't remember exactly) (oilskin and thornproof dressing), and a Belstaff Roadmaster. Now I have a simple motorcycle jacket made by a small unknown British maker.

In my experience, it's best to completely wash the waxed cotton with a sponge and cold water, preferably on a hot summer day. Then I use a wax/cream that can be applied without heating it. I do the finishing touches with a hair dryer.

http://www.goldlabeldirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=239

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom