Avon Black Suede EDT

I was hovering around as Mrs. Smell The Glove was placing an Avon order and got her to get me a bottle of this. In the 90s I had a small sample bottle and, at the time considered it to be too old for me. Now, 20 years later my age has caught up with this fragrance so I thought that I would give it another go.

The Basenotes reviews are mixed, but I wouldn't place too much stock there.
http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120205.html
Avon describes it as a confident and smooth fragrance with warm, woody and oriental fragrance.

£11 for 75ml

It was introduced in 1980 and that's how it smells to me. Think Old Spice meets Tabac with some leather and musk thrown in for good measure. Soapy, powdery old school cologne. It manages to smell fresh without any hint of citrus, and you could use the word 'clean' to descrbe it and I would sort of know what you meant. A just out of the shower sort of scent. The wife likes it.

It's priced low enough to put the fragrance snobs off buying, and also low enough that if it doesn't suit then no great harm done.

Sillage is middle of the road. People have to get quite close to notice and it's definately not a powerhouse fragrance that enters the room before you do and stays long after you've left. Although i think that if you are too heavy on the trigger then you WILL be noticed from a distance, so be carefull.

Longevity? Meh. Not great. Re-application is required.

To conclude. I like it. Cheap, easily available, comes in a shower gel, body spray and roll on deo. You could do a lot worse than to smell of this stuff on a daily basis!

Back
Top Bottom