Anyone use this shop?

Yip used plenty of times and posted at least 3 links recommending them in this section alone, they are not UK based but the shipping is cheap and real fast 2 days last time.

Ps. there Naniwa based stones are also twice the thickness of the ones available in the UK, at the same price if not less

pedro083 said:
Yip used plenty of times and posted at least 3 links recommending them in this section alone, they are not UK based but the shipping is cheap and real fast 2 days last time.

Ps. there Naniwa based stones are also twice the thickness of the ones available in the UK, at the same price if not less

The Naniwa 12000 stone is the one i'm looking at, thanks for the thumbs up.

Jamie.

Mikael said:
Pig Cat said:
Looks like a good site. This item really caught my eye. Not sure why.

You want the belt, erhh, strop to be soft!?

i always see lots of sharpening stones down at the Car Boots i go to, in cardbord and Wooden Boxes, and some loose stones,some look dingy some look mint, i just assumed that they were for just Knives etc never really looked closely at them, don't know if they would be suitable for Razors as i know nothing about straight razors & Sharpening, i will take some Photos next year............

Eden have always looked good to me.

Car boot stones: you can get some sort of idea of how they'll cut by running your thumbnail across them: less friction = finer or slower cut. Razor finishing hones will feel a lot like glass usually. Avoid badly hollowed ones; likely candidates for razor honing are often comparatively small, 6" or less in length and down to 1" wide. Larger examples are of course highly desirable. Oddly shaped yellowish green stones are always worth a second look: they could be anything, but might turn out to be a Charnley or Turkey.

I've asked our Shepperton lad before to keep an eye for hones but he's (a) not a straights guy and (b) he's so much focused on getting the four hundredth and fifty third or what vintage DE that he has rarely ever come back with a stone.

But I tell you all this: if there's one who can go to a car boot sale and pick up a top shape vintage Thurignian for less than a fiver - that's him (and we haven't seen that yet but I am sure one day we certainly will). :cool:

Back
Top Bottom