Anyone in here watch UFC cage fighting?

There is a young gal in there "Rowdy" Ronda, that three times defended here title 3 times, each time, she knocked out her three opponents, 12 seconds 1st round, 16 seconds 1st round, and last time 34 seconds 1st round . She is a bloody terror for sure.
Also in these bouts anything goes, and usually does.rousey.jpg

Would have entered my Granny Fraser had this been around back in the day. One cold hard stare and wet patches would appear.....:eek: Wouldn't have been fair to put her in with the men though. Too much crying for mother wouldn't have done their ratings any good.

Never mind that MPH, I'd give her summat to think about.....imagine the thigh squueeeeze! Nuts to popcorn.....o_O

Hiya,

I was lucky enough to live through the most recent boxing glory days of 60s and 70s, especially the heavyweights. Of course there were other division fighters too that were excellent and plenty of great boxing was around. I sorta drifted away in the 80s until Tyson came on the scene, which was a real tragedy for him as it turned out. In the beginning though that guy was amazing.

Wrestling back then was of course mostly staged and relatively harmless to the fighters unless something went wrong. Hah, one time Killer Kowalski stomped off his opponents ear by accident. Any sorta 'sleeper' or submission holds were mainly for looks with no real damage being done.

MMA has things set up differently, at least from what I've seen. You can get seriously hurt in a match since real scientific holds put on wrestlers are meant to do severe damage in a fight. Unless of course the wrestler 'taps out', or submits before things go awfully bad.

Rhonda Rousy uses an arm bar move for her wins. The opponents gives up because of the pain and fear of permanent nastiness to the elbow joint I think. They know that's her MO but can't stop it from happening.

I would suggest looking at some of her fights and also there's a lot of men who are top fighters. Brutal sport that can grab me sometimes. Short three or five round fights (5 minute rounds) for the most part

Martin

Oh, I should mention that unfortunately at this time a bunch of top guys have been caught using illegal meds.

Last edited:
Rhonda Rousy back ground is judo , Olympic silver medalist and 4th Dan black belt , the arm bar is jujikatame , one of the first arm locks taught in judo .

As with any martial art or fight system that "taps out"
The lock or choke is applied as it would be in real terms ... It's just that the applier is looking or should be looking for the tap out & release as soon as applied .
If it's in defense on the street then don't let go till feel them go limp ( choked out) or you feel summit go pop ! And then you know when you let go , you won't have an issue for them coming back for 2nds

Paul

I watched one round of a bout out of curiosity and turned it off. It's violence for the sake of violence. I mean, boxing has at least a point system in place that requires technical skill. This is just about battering an opponent in any which way. Not for me, no sir.

Back
Top Bottom