Antiques Roadshow at Winchester

I noticed the erection of tents etc on Tuesday so I'll jump on a train today to see what goes on.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visitwinchester.co.uk/site/whats-on/antiques-roadshow-at-winchester-cathedral-p641311" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.visitwinchester.co.uk/site/w ... al-p641311</a><!-- m -->

Anybody got something really special to send Fido?

He can queue for hours and be told it's worth nowt.

Actually I always liked the furniture reviews with John Bly, is he still going?

moodymick said:
Dermot O'Logical said:
I'd go if I was mobile.

Enjoy it - Fiona Bruce has got great legs and a really nice bum........

Nah - too skinny :? We used to have signed pictures of Sophie Raiworth up in our bar in the Falklands - alright that was 10 years ago :roll:

but i still would, or should that be wood?!

Sophie Rayworth has got by far the dirtiest smile on television.

I keep thinking about that Peter Kaye ad that's getting a lot of airtime at the moment. "Four hours it took me to get here! Could've gone potholing..."
Brilliant.

Both of them, by the way. And Kate Silverton.

Regards

Ian

Things didn't quite go as hoped.

It was raining heavily. Car to station in 2 minutes. Still raining at Sway Station. To Winchester. Heavier rain. Arrived at Cathedral. A queue of two to three hundred yards. Still pouring.
Blow this for a lark. Off to Starbucks. Half an hour later. Rain even heavier. Queue now stretches right round the Cathedral grounds. Thousands seemed to be in the Cathedral.

Fido's off to The Body Shop for some Balm.

Get soaked returning to the station.

Back in Sway.

The sun's out.

C'est la vie.

It was a hoot really. I passed one guy struggling along the pavement with a huge painting. It was wrapped but the rain was so heavy it was difficult to see him arriving safely with it. Another couple were lugging a huge washstand towards the Cathedral. I should have hung around for more sights. And there were a lot of young people waiting with their stuff, not just us golden oldies. Just x factor - full stop.

Back
Top Bottom