Android Battery saving App recommendation

Just thought i would post this up here after recently discovering an amazing app for android.

So with my phone the Orange San Fransico the battery is very low, around 10 hours on bad day, two on a good day.

Played around for last couple of months to try and improve it, running phone in silent, brightness down etc no real change.

This week i downloaded an App called JuiceDefender, and my current uptime is 3d,0h,21m still got 33% left to go, so i have at least doubled my battery with the default settings, this is the free version. I am actually going to purchase the premium for £3 for the extra features due to how good this has been so far.

Recommend all you android users try this out if available (2.1 android here)

biggest change it makes is limiting auto syncing, as android doesnt give you those options so rather then googlemail trying to sync every 2 mins its every 30 now, and facebook ever hour etc. Plus few other things, but It seems just as fast and good as normally,

cozzyb said:
biggest change it makes is limiting auto syncing, as android doesnt give you those options so rather then googlemail trying to sync every 2 mins its every 30 now, and facebook ever hour etc. Plus few other things, but It seems just as fast and good as normally,

Oh, my crappy HTC Wildfire gives options on most items to sync... admittedly not gMail but I want that to happen very regularly in case I miss something vital on eBay :lol:

I had battery life issues when I first had my wildfire,

I use the Power Control Widget and now get 2-3 days between charges depending on usage

sounds like apps that lower CPU power and battery voltage when the unit isnt actively being used. as the other stuff can be done under any version of android. I long since tweaked all my sync settings for different times of day, and days of the week. I now get 1.5 days battery out my vanilla android phone without any 3rd party apps in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom