Amazing little package arrived!

I just have to say, I've received an unexpected package today from Cruciate. When I got it, I thought I'd bought something when drunk again. Turns out, Cruciate only went and sent me a Merker Futur Chrome!

I have to say I'm gob-smacked and literally cannot believe his generosity. The Futur was my ideal razor but I was never able to stretch to it financially. To receive one as a gift from someone I've never met is simply humbling. He even went as far as adding a few samples of some of Prof's Yellow & Red Ginger AS that we'd spoke about as well as a pack of the much-loved Gillette Yellow blades. Unbelievable!

I've said it via PM and I'll say it once again. Thank you so much, Chris! You've made a very tired, grumpy Irish-man very,very happy!

The guy is a diamond and I cannot thank him enough. :D

Wow, that is a most generous gesture congratulations to you and to Chris (Cruciate) you have just earned yourself a boat load of good karma, top man.

Just goes to show what a fantastic bunch of guys frequent this place.

Roughly 3 or 4 years ago I read an article that talked about the joy of using a brush and real shaving soap.
I bought a brush and hard soap from TK max and have never used gel or foam since.
It was a major step. Shaving became luxurious. But it was still the same old boring thing, pay large sums of money for cartridges and get the same shave day in and day out.
And then Tainted posted a thread on a PC forum asking if anyone used a DE razor. I didn't even know what DE meant. It's now amassed 585 posts in less than 6 months. I'd guess that 20 people or more have ditched cartridges for DEs on the basis of this thread alone. Tainted has helped every single convert select their kit and get to grips with it.
Without him I'd still not know about DE shaving.
He deserves a gift for all the tine and effort hes put into others. I'm glad he liked it. And thanks to Barlines for providing the Futur in the first place.

Fantastic! Kind of know how you feel. Looked for months before I found one that was near mint and reasonable. Mine too came from a TSR mate. Nice razor , a keeper!

Nice one; & thanks also to Boab & the others who started & continue to operate TSR as the type of forum where this type of ethos is allowed to flourish.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

TSR - Best friends I've never met. Fantastic gesture.

When I was considering a Slant one of the members offered to lend me his, just so I'd be sure about buying one. Never met the guy in my life! As you say it's humbling.

That is a truly generous gesture. I believe this must be the friendliest forum on the web. Each and every member seems to help and assist their fellow forumite.

Cruciate - you sir, are a true gentleman.

Back
Top Bottom