Alum Prices

Has anyone found a difference in quality between Alum blocks? I bought a couple on eBay, very cheaply, and they do the job fine. However if better quality blocks would work better, dry faster, or sting less then it's perhaps worth buying those.

No not really, as long as it is shaving alum they are the same. Only difference I noted was the cheap ones I got from the Indian food shop leave a little bit of powder on the face when dry.

The more expensive ones tend to be slightly larger (easier to hold) but that is it really. I broke so many cheap ones it was more economical to spend extra for a stick version.

I agree with Graeme; far and away the most effective underarm treatment I've ever used. I got mine from Holland and Barrett's for about £6. It comes in a hard plastic tube with screw-on lid and is big enough to last for ages.

G.

3 blocks of it, 89p each £2.67 from the indian shop about 5 minutes away :icon_smile:, and when i bought it the guy who served me said "ahh i see you use a proper razor eh!"

Untitled-2.jpg

They look like the single block I've got except you got three for what one cost me! Mind you I've been using it every day and I'm stuffed if I've noticed getting any smaller. They tell me this can happen when you get older! :icon_lol:

RobTheWire said:
3 blocks of it, 89p each £2.67 from the indian shop about 5 minutes away :icon_smile:, and when i bought it the guy who served me said "ahh i see you use a proper razor eh!"

Untitled-2.jpg

:icon_cry2: you was robbed !! 55p my local store last sunday....not that it's a competition obviously

picked up an alum block today from a localish Indian shop for 89p. (Cheetham Hill for u Mancunians)
Found it amongst the spices and next to pots of alum powder.

Done a Google to see what this powder is used for and it seems ladies use it with rose water to stop facial hair from growing.

So I'm wondering what effect alum blocks have on hair growth. Has anyone noticed a reduced growth speed or anything?

Back
Top Bottom