ALERT - AfroditeSiano.it

Just don't make the mistake of being fooled by their cheap prices and order from them.

They show a postage cost of Eur 10.00 irrespective of order size, you pay by PayPal or cc and momentarily think all is ok.
Then a day later an email from them comes in your box saying

"Hi, for shipments to Latvia in the order she made, the cost is € 85.00 a difference of € 75.00 is payable via paypal at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@afroditesiano.it">info@afroditesiano.it</a><!-- e -->"

There's a 5 page thread over at B&B on exactly the same story, few guys suffered the same although most of them have now been refunded.
Pity I failed to read it earlier (thread title was about Vitos though so it was easy to accidentally overcome the 'hidden' alert...) :evil: :twisted:

They should bring it to your door personally for 85Eur!!!! ...on foot! Bloody thieves! :evil:
It's always like this with Italian post... I do order quite a lot from eBay and keep on seeing the note: "ships to: Worldwide - except Italy". So it's known for it's bad reputation as far as shipping is concerned.
Were you able to cancel the order?

...85 Eur... I'm still shocked!

It's not their fault, only mine. This is reality.

Edit: I have naturally cancelled the order, demanded a refund (Eur 49) and have just filed a dispute with PayPal.
Reportedly they do refund however I will be assured only when I see this happening.
I do not blame them. I should have been more careful. It's as simple as that.

Dispute in PayPal now shows as closed and transaction 'Refunded'.

No word or email from them but money refunded, as per same cases with B&B members.

From my point of view: if I start a business, an internet business and I decide to ship internationally it's my responsibility to check the rates and indicate clearly on my webshop. Like you say: they had a flat rate of 10 EUR stated and then they said 85... so let's be gentlemen but come oooon, this is either a masked ripoff or a completely lame businessman.

Yeah, that's a scam, no other word for it, even if they get 5% people that don't know they can back out of it, that's good money for them.

Thanks for the heads up K! (then again I haven't bought any software in months & months!)

Max

Back
Top Bottom