Aeropress Coffee maker

Close?.....ish. If you want a "shot" of coffee I think this is the next best thing to a real espresso.

Water temperature differences not with standing, one is high pressure extraction the other isn't. Depending on your household I wouldn't bother with the small 2/3 cup moka pots and get a branded pot like Bialetti. There are lots of copies out there but the castings and finish can be variable.

You'll get and read lots of conflicting advice. To tamp or not to tamp, use just boiling or cold water, grind size etc, low heat/high heat yada yada.

In the end you will have to experiment and see what you prefer. I...

Hardly tamp, fill the coffee basket completely, cold water, low heat and then off the heat when it starts to gurgle.

Importantly once finished give it a stir and allow to settle, should be clear not muddy. That's it.

Cheers Tony,

I've actually come into a £20 voucher for Debenhams so might be worth a look then seeing as they stock Bialetti. It would mainly be for my own use as SWMBO doesn't drink that much coffee in the house. In your opinion what is their idea of "cup size" (awaits the PC jokes), for example is the 6 Cup version enough for 6 espresso cups or 6 standard cups?

Espresso cups...when the smell of coffee starts wafting through the building she'll want some so buy the appropriate size. ;)

£30 is excessive for a 6 cuppa, £20 is about right.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_331007908497MISC_-1?breadcrumb=Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... crumb=Home</a><!-- m -->

If you wanna go d own the middle eastern route..Turkish coffee is also great!...brings back to my service days :cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 24
We use Nespresso for regular coffee. Nespresso does in fact deliver a good, consistent espresso, or even lungo, with no hassles and none of the wannabe barista hype. For after dinner we use a french press, with freshly ground beans, from a hand grinder (this does take a while though) - I do not really mind the dregs so I usually get the last cup from the press. Good thing about a press is the fact that you can choose the water temperature (should be below boiling, and the contact time; most important though is the use of freshly ground coffee. On holiday, we use a Bialetti stovetop espresso maker, which also gives great coffee, if you drink enough coffee to finish a tin of ground coffee within a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom