Acquisitions 27th May-2 Jun

Found a few little bargains today.

A Wardonia travel kit minus the razor
8923530559_dea90cb99c.jpg

And some old soap sticks for NTS to drool over lol
8924137410_1e1cc5feaf.jpg

8924140064_f5a262f7cf.jpg

8924119906_d5f306074b.jpg

Anyone have any info about the soaps, they are sealed up so guess they are usable, the guy I got them from thought they were very old?

Never seen those before! Not even adverts for them. Would be interested to hear how they perform if you use them and how they smell if you don't.

Sm304 said:
Jamies said:
A couple of tasty German razors turned up the other day.

You don't half find all the cool toys! Very sweet! :)

Scott.

Yeah Scott, Jamie has a pleasant habit of finding pretty darn exotic shaving crap that just happens to turn up somehow. Never know what's gonna be next, but it's usually something fairly dramatic. Lots of foreign markets are being plundered by him I believe. Let me just say do not get in the way of a Jamie and his prey.

Now Jamie, that Mulcuto thing.......do you have another one to shave with or is this the first you've come across? If that's the case, will you be test driving it?

Once again Jamie, some pretty interesting and unusual additions to the arsenal, (said in a voice meant to reassure a crazy person and not have em go even nuttier),

Martin

NotTheStig said:
Never seen those before! Not even adverts for them. Would be interested to hear how they perform if you use them and how they smell if you don't.

Will let you know they are wrapped up but smell a bit medicinal. Only one reference to them online in another forum, the guy eventually shaved the outer layer off the sticks and said they smell like butter.

I guess now I need a Wardonia Razor to go with the travel set.

dodgy said:
Sm304 said:
Jamies said:
A couple of tasty German razors turned up the other day.

Scott.

Yeah Scott, Jamie has a pleasant habit of finding pretty darn exotic shaving crap that just happens to turn up somehow. Never know what's gonna be next, but it's usually something fairly dramatic. Lots of foreign markets are being plundered by him I believe. Let me just say do not get in the way of a Jamie and his prey.

Now Jamie, that Mulcuto thing.......do you have another one to shave with or is this the first you've come across? If that's the case, will you be test driving it?

Once again Jamie, some pretty interesting and unusual additions to the arsenal, (said in a voice meant to reassure a crazy person and not have em go even nuttier),

Martin
I don't even want to know how he gets these razors from,things of beauty for sure. These heavy hitters seem to dredge up insane things that just makes your eyes boggle.

I'm still convinced they've got super computers in concrete bunkers, draining the national grid of power scanning the world for shaving crap, and every time it finds one it automatically snaps it up, probably would put the pentagon to shame :icon_razz:

John said:
dodgy said:
Sm304 said:

Scott.

Martin
I don't even want to know how he gets these razors from,things of beauty for sure. These heavy hitters seem to dredge up insane things that just makes your eyes boggle.

I'm still convinced they've got super computers in concrete bunkers, draining the national grid of power scanning the world for shaving crap, and every time it finds one it automatically snaps it up, probably would put the pentagon to shame :icon_razz:

Thanks guys, just doing my bit for shaving crap and TSR.

Martin, the Mulcuto is the first of these I've got. They don't come up very often and I've passed over a few dubious ones on the look out for a really good one and this one really is NOS.

However I had to shave with it, which I don't normally do with NOS razors and I'm so glad I have. It's wonderful, it's what the Merkur 37C should be.... let me expand on that.

It's a slant, but not in the true sense. The head is angled with the cap only fitting one way round, but there's no twist to the blade and there's no blade alignment issues because of this. The upshot is a really smooth, close and comfortable shaver, but it's not at all aggressive. This mornings outing was with a fresh Iridium, WTG, XTG and ATG. I knew I'd had a close shave, but with no drama at all, I'd say about a 5.5 on the usual scale. I'm sure this could be dialed down to a 4.5 with a less sharp blade, maybe a vintage UK Wilkie or a Perma Sharp.

Oh... thanks for the words of positive reinforcement, but you know they're gonna fall on deaf ears, I'm beyond help.

Jamies said:
Good to hear you got the razor wet and how well it fits you. Yeah, I probably would have had to try it myself......the not knowing part would drive me a little nuts.

So you now have a wonderful new addition to bring outta the arsenal when needed. Money well spent for sure on something to enjoy for many years.

Martin

this arrived today after finding its way from France to Sheffield, i'm a happy chap, i'm looking forward to having a shave with it
DSC02040.jpg

Got some more.........

Old Spice Champion aftershave
Old Spice Champion Shower Gel
Old Spice Champion Deodorant Spray
Old Spice Orignal Shower Gel
Old Spice WhiteWater Shower Gel
In short I got Some Old Spice ;)

Well gentlemen , not quite sure what they're going to look like when they come in.... Just bought this bunch on eBay for 43$US!
[attachment=7440]
Ok Gent's here is a pot pouri of various razors and shaving items that you may or may not have. All are in fair condition nothing I'd write home about. Found at an estate sale they are remarkably clean and very usable. Moving clockwise left to right....

Picture #1: 1906-1929 Single ring razor. Case is shot so you'll have to find another. Razor has a very tiny hairline crack in handle otherwise teeth are 100% straight and the overall aesthetics of the razor itself looks really good. I almost thought it was "gold". Ok we know it's not but has that nice off gold color it looks that good. Only little brassing is on the head itself while threads are 100%. Case an F the razor a solid B. Also pretty decent blade holders as these are the capped ones.

Next is the basket weave case with an Empire leaves scroll handle razor. Wrong case and mismatch head as you can tell by the style of the "bullets" on the head. The handle of this razor is beautiful! Real gold.The head of this razor is in excellent condition with no brass whatsoever. In fact if you were to put this on the single ring you'd have a great razor.

Next to that is a unused new brush. Will need to be reknotted but the brush is a little beauty with a touch of cream & black. Comes with it's own travelling case. Nice size too and looks brand new with much of the paint intact on the letters while the felt on bottom is 100% and unmarred.

Next below that tot he right is a Star tin. Damn hard to get a hold of one and what' neat about these is the bottom opens to store razors while the top was for the razor. Pretty cool. . It's in fair condition for it's age. The original Star Kampfe razor comes with it albeit with a missing bottom handle. Still shave ready with handle provided.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370302741.972835.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370302741.972835.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom