Ach Brito Lavanda...use as Aftershave splash?

I only recently became familiar with this 'cologne', but noticed that it is alcohol based and it's not got a great longevity...it's very mild in the first place, so it strikes me as more of an aftershave than a cologne or EDT. Also it comes in an unregulated bottle...like it's supposed to be splashed all over.
What's the deal here? Is it supposed to be an aftershave splash? A body splash?
How is it supposed to be used and how do you use it?

Mmm, a lot of the larger bottled EdTs and EdCs do not come with a spray head where as the smaller quality of the same juce do, for instance....the larger size Grey Flannel EdT does not have a spray head but the smaller size bottle does which would indicate to me that you decant the larger bottles without spray heads into your own atomiser as I have done with the Grey Flannel or sometimes you can purchase a atomiser kit which screws onto the neck of the larger bottles.
However, having said all of that if you feel it's weak enough to use as an aftershave then give it a try, it will either be an invigorating sting or an agonising burn. :) P.

I wouldn't use it as an aftershave, I think it's a bit strong alcohol wise for that. I use it instead of an edt - bit on the face, also as a body splash. I found the scent lingered well and got more mossy as the day wore on

So...looking at these replies it's pretty much as I thought...it can be, and is, used any which way. I'm more of the @pjgh school of thinking in terms of preferring higher alcohol, dryer, aftershaves. I think I'll give that a go!
Thanks all(y)

I don't believe it's the higher alcohol levels that are the issue with burning, but the percentage of essential oils, so although Turkish Kolonya's are 80% alcohol their EO content is minimal. The same would apply to Portuguese and Spanish EdC's. The French Lotion pour friction can be used on the face and the body, I expect colognes were used the same before the invention of Aftershaves. The main issue is those weird Colonials (pun intended) who call everything cologne and wonder why an EDT burns like...and complain that a genuine EdC doesn't last very long.

I only recently became familiar with this 'cologne', but noticed that it is alcohol based and it's not got a great longevity...it's very mild in the first place, so it strikes me as more of an aftershave than a cologne or EDT. Also it comes in an unregulated bottle...like it's supposed to be splashed all over.
What's the deal here? Is it supposed to be an aftershave splash? A body splash?
How is it supposed to be used and how do you use it?
All genuine Eau de Cologne's do not have any longevity/sillage. They are not supposed to.

I don't believe it's the higher alcohol levels that are the issue with burning, but the percentage of essential oils, so although Turkish Kolonya's are 80% alcohol their EO content is minimal. The same would apply to Portuguese and Spanish EdC's. The French Lotion pour friction can be used on the face and the body, I expect colognes were used the same before the invention of Aftershaves. The main issue is those weird Colonials (pun intended) who call everything cologne and wonder why an EDT burns like...and complain that a genuine EdC doesn't last very long.
Great pun! :) P.

Being a northern lad of a certain age, we historically didn't much go in for perfume ("perfumed ponce") and so everything with a scent was "aftershave" and only really used on a Friday night when you went out on the pull. Spraying an EDT (a Christmas present many years ago) all over a freshly shaved face was not a pleasant experience. Unsurprising I didn't bother again for many years.

I suppose it did stand me in good stead for using "proper" aftershaves that do indeed give that Home Alone burn.

Back
Top Bottom