A well kept open-secret - Jabonman

He gets his picture in SOTD and is mentioned there regularly but was none the less a well kept secret from me - until recently. Just in case any one else is missing out, I thought to type this post.

His semi-semi-hard soaps (a bit short of hard) arrive in an attractive tub - a clear indication that this artisan soapmaker takes himself and his products seriously - with labels on heavy paper. The whole thing looks and feels expensive - which, I guess, it kind of is for an artisan. So my expectations have risen considerably simply by opening the box and taking out two Jabonman tubs. Scents are good, if subtle.

This morning was the morning! Loaded up my P9 and applied to face - went on thick and creamy, added water slowly till the brush was full and my face thickly painted. Applied the edge of a Swede in an iKon Shavecraft in a downward direction and felt a lovely slick, well cushioned glide. The whole shave was a delight. Thus soap goes straight to the Top Few of my list, ahead of several creams. Brilliant stuff!

I recommend Jabonman soaps to you - a very good product packaged in a manner appealing to all men of taste.

His range includes with and without lanolin in case you have an intolerance. I took a couple on holiday last year and as is the case with these things, I'm taken straight back when I use them now.

Garbe said:
I noticed in a previous post where you mentioned this soap but couldn't find where it was for sale. A link please.

If you dig out that previous thread, there is an email address - use it and the rest falls into place. There isn't a website to link to. CAn we take it that you are enabled?

Bechet45 said:
His semi-semi-hard soaps (a bit short of hard) arrive in an attractive tub - Scents are good, if subtle.

Applied the edge of a Swede in an iKon Shavecraft in a downward direction and felt a lovely slick, well cushioned glide. The whole shave was a delight. Thus soap goes straight to the Top Few of my list, ahead of several creams. Brilliant stuff!

Hiya doin Carl,

It's good to see you buying more shaving crap to test out for everyone. You're using the fund money I guess. Oh, did Tony ever deposit another $200? I'm sure he must have.

I've seen almost all good things about those soaps....very positive except for one small blip that was made right real quick. Yeah, the Good Doctor has used it a bunch with good results.

Thanks for the review. Makes contributing to your fund worthwhile. Maybe you should email Tony about the cash if it's not there already. He is kinda forgetful sometimes.

Martin

Garbe said:
Carl I think you must be one of the forums foremost enablers, second to Martin though.

Bechet45 said:
You cannot put me, enabler and Martin in the same sentence! That man is an enabler god, league of his own - while Mikey is away.

Seeing this made me sit up and think for a minute....trying to imagine myself as the enabler that a few of you believe me to be. Well, I might suggest a few things but that's about it. Just different options is all. Yeah, dat's an option (said in my best Chip voice).

Now to me the Good Doctor is THE best at the art of Enablement and all that this devious cult involves. The Master Enabler is able to make us crave something we had no idea we even desired!!! He does that constantly.........all over the place in many forums. Brushes, handles, whatever he wants to use in his spells. Never seen anyone quite like him. He has even snagged me in his occult net.

So don't think of me as anything but a very occasional gentle guide. That's all.....just a shaving buddy.

Martin

Recieved my 2 Jabonman soaps fro Manuel last week
Wet Earth
Yiang Ylang

Great scents

Fanatastic soap , lathers really well and produces a very slick shave

Well presented too

Would recomend

Back
Top Bottom