A Nice Surprise

it was my birthday last week and every year my wife gets me a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Anyway what with me being a dickhead and screwing my knee over christmas money is a little tight so this year she brought me a bottle of "Western Gold Straight Old Kentucky Bourbon Whisky" I have for the last week or so been weening myself of the tramadol tablets I was on so I could have a "taste" well all I can say is I think this is a very close second to JD - I'm not hard core so do drink it with coke (must be a proper coke not a cheapy)

Anyway she told me she got it from Lidl's rather that £25+ this cost a few pence short of £10 so if someone enjoys a glass or 6 of Bourbon give it a try (near on 3 bottles for the price of 1 seems a good deal to me)

you should see the supply I have here - its a nightmare to get a resupply so last time I asked for some more I gave plenty of wanring only half way through the box, got a new box that afternoon - with 100 in the box I had a few days worth

was on 8 a day, managed to get off them with only a few days of slight withdrawal but now have 76 left over, running at 82 500mg paracetamol not being used - but will keep these for the morning after a night out ;)

think I need to PIF the tramadol :?:

I seem to remember Aldi used to do one, (probably the same stuff labelled differently) called Bluegrass Bourbon or similar. If you're mixing with coke then you might as well go with the Aldi / Lidl substitute, they're not bad at all. With a mixer in I literally couldn't tell the difference between that and JD and the price difference is enormous.

If your mates see you buying it, they will give you an interesting new nickname however.

Lidl have some nice cheap booze :cool: I bought a bottle of blended whisky for under £15 a litre in the run up to Christmas and it was surprisingly pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom