A few recent restores (3)

Next is a Thiers Issard with green resin scales - they look better in real life. The blade still has a few pit marks but the bevel set easily and it now has a good edge.

Now that is an absolutely beautiful razor. Wouldn't normally be my colours but for some reason that just hits me in the right spot.
Would love to own something like that. Kudos to the owner of a stunning piece of shaving kit.

Those scales look really nice Rob, good looking razor, looking at the Ator razor you did those I've noticed Ator razors fetch good money, the original scales of the Ator in my opinion are the most fragile and brittle of all scales to remove, always makes me nervous.

Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Those scales look really nice Rob, good looking razor, looking at the Ator razor you did those I've noticed Ator razors fetch good money, the original scales of the Ator in my opinion are the most fragile and brittle of all scales to remove, always makes me nervous.

Jamie.

I don't like the Ator scales which is why I changed them. I've got originals in 5/8" and 6/8" where were removed with no real problem. Still working on tye 6/8" razor but they do seem to take a very good edge.

Top drawer again, Rob. Not my favourite scales of those you've done but fantastic workmanship again. :D

Back
Top Bottom