7 Day Ivory Set

Hi I am new to this forum did not know there was UK site for us old fashioned type shavers just come from straight razor place to here on there advice I am hoping someone can help me. Hi I have just added to my collection of Straight razors a 7 day set of razors I would like to sell them at a later date but I would like to find out how much they might be worth if that's possible please I will explain the razors as follows they are a full 7 day set on the spine of each razor has the day of the week on the blade on one side it has the word KROP and on the other side is the words ground in Hamburg the handles are made of pure Ivory they are all in good condition I did have two of them sharpened already but the other 5 need cleaning and sharpend I also found this other manufacturer info
Osborne, Garrett & Co, Ltd
Razor & Strop Manufacturers
Proprietors of the Kropp, Elmo, Carrara, Ogee & Osgar brands of razors.
51 to 54 Firth Street; 8 to 11 Bateman Street & 35,35 Dean Street London W1; & at Birmingham, Glasgow & Manchester."Ps how do you add photos on here have tried but they say they are to large

I'm not a straight razor person so can't help with the razor query I'm afraid. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help, pictures will obviously help.

I find the easiest way to do pictures is to upload them to a site like photobucket or flickr, then you can copy the IMG link from that site and insert it into your post on here.

Is this the set perhaps? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Day-Vintage-Set-of-Straight-Razors-with-Ebur-very-special-Scales-/251192996090?pt=UK_Collectables_Barber_Shop_Collectables_LE&hash=item3a7c44f0fa

If so, I'd recommend cleaning/restoring the other 5 blades.

There's a very easy way of finding out what your set is worth, put it on eBay with a 99p starting price, when the auction ends you will have what they are worth.

I will say with almost certainty your razors will not sell at a starting bid of £700.

jaycey said:
There's a very easy way of finding out what your set is worth, put it on eBay with a 99p starting price, when the auction ends you will have what they are worth.

I will say with almost certainty your razors will not sell at a starting bid of £700.

Yes they are the same ones as on e bay but I will be taking them off Have tried to put photos on here but being a thickly when it comes to computing i need step by step how to do it

gssixgun said:
The condition is honestly the most important aspect for valuation, so a pic would be most helpful

v/r
g

jaycey said:

Those two posts just about say it all.

I don't do valuations, but from the rust on the tops of the spine and near the pivot pins and the poor condition of one of the razors (going by the pretty poor Ebay pics, so I could well be wrong), anyone bidding on them would have to be prepared to strip them down and re-finish then re-pin them, then hone them - if done properly with modest equipment then that's a number of days work.

Add to that fact that Kropp is a very good brand for sure, but lacks some of the cachet of other brands like Heiffor, Mappin & Web, Mappin Bros, Wostenholm, Rodgers etc, etc, so that will be reflected in the selling price too.

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom