3D TV it's a bit pants?

Ok I've been to see a couple of movies in 3D the animated ones work well everything else is a bit of a disappointment. left it at that but on the telly its 3D this and 3D that and the people on the tech shows are going wow 3D.

So the other day I was walking round a well know department store and they had a display stand for one of Sony's very expensive 3D TV the picture was crap when I looked at it then the assistant told me I need to use glasses so I put them on and yes the picture was sharper but still crap some how I think I will not be buying one even if I win the lottery.

HD TV I get it is an improvement. but 3D it was more fun when we had the paper glasses with the red and green lenses.

OK rant over from a bloke who shouts at the telly :icon_razz:

My father has a 3D TV and I must admit I am very impressed. It's a high end Sony one and I think they are starting to "get there".

The animated movies are brilliant, clear and crisp in quality. Normal 3D films, are fine to watch - but I don't see the point really.

However, I was extremely impressed with the ability to "switch" to 3D. BBC were showing Wimbledon in 3D and I was impressed with the quality. It's not so much about things jumping out at you, it's more about the depth of field.

On the other hand, gaming is great in 3D too. Gran Turisom and MotorStorm are two great games in 3D (especially when playing against your mates).

That being said, I'm in no rush to jump out and get one whilst the prices are so high, once the technology has settled down a bit, I'm sure prices will drop.

When I was at the Gadget Show Live the other month, we saw some cracking 3D gear, particular on computer set ups. the game I was playing (FPS) was well smart - now I could get mullah'd by 12 year olds in an extra dimension!

The camera's were very smart too. Am with Antdad though, needs a few more years and a shed load of money spent on it to make it more commercially acceptable for us poor folk.

Back
Top Bottom