10 volunteers required!

It's not a review, just my first impressions after trying the almond shave cream this morning:
The almond scent was strong at the opening, but dissipated eventually. My Kent Infinity Silvertex did not provide a rich and thick lather (I am more into fluid texture so it is not a big deal), just enough for 2 passes, but I used a very tiny amount of cream. However, in spite of the very thin lather, the protection is very good, the razor slid smoothly on my skin like a ice sailing boat on a frozen lake. I had to load the brush a third time for the last pass.

2nd shave, this time with the peppermint scent:
- the scent is not too offensive, neither too "tooth pasty" or "chewing gummy", pretty pleasant actually but very soft and weak in comparison with mass produced creams like Ingram for instance;
- even with a reasonable amount of cream (roughly 1/6 to 1/4 of the content of the box) it's hard to build a thick lather (with a Plisson L'Occitane brush), so my guess is that if you want to achieve a dense lather you might need to use a lot of cream. I only managed to obtain enough lather for 2 passes;
- for this scent, it seemed to me that the lather dried rather quickly, even very quickly, although I had a fluid/liquid lather;
- I added a tiny amount of cream for the 3rd pass, it resulted in some kind of soapy water. However, the razor glided really smoothly. The conclusion is that the protection and the glide are truly good. Neither cuts nor "blood spots" (I translated directly from French, don't know the exact translation in English) in the end.
- I'm usually very sensitive to essential oils, no reactions on my skin so far.

Last edited:
I have not tried mine, because I am using the Schick injector pass around, and I wanted to use the same soaps as a constant, once that is finished, which will be the end of the week, I can then get to try them.

Back
Top Bottom