Your rarest DE razors

This shall be a place to show your rarest DE razors, if you like.

I will start with an unbranded German open comb razor which came in a wooden box, covered with leather.
German Open Comp - 01 B.jpg

Inside we see a print of an old German shop, owned by the Lang Brothers in the German town Saarbrücken, who sold steel products made in Solingen. With the razor came two little empty containers for razor blades, made of cardboard, on which the words sharp and dull are engraved.
German OC 02.jpg

Probably this razor was a gift made in a small amount for good customers of this shop. I date this razor as having been manufactured somewhere between 1910 and 1930.
German Open Comp 03.jpg

Affixed on the razor handle there is a mosaic made of tiny silver and dark grey plates. As you can see in the photos, some of them have been lost down the years.
German Open Comp 04.jpg
German Open Comp 05.jpg

I did some research but found not more informations as the Gebr. Lang were also manufacturer of straight razors. Their shop and the company don´t exist anymore and today at the same address Bahnhofstr. 60, you will find a Starbucks store.

gebr-lang-solingen_001.jpg

Last edited:
Walbusch Adjustable Slant. Not pretty, but have not seen more than a few around.
z76S0T0.jpg

I haven't been able to find out anything about this uncased razor.
It's a Shavex. Reg No. 761904. Made in England.
View attachment 28122 View attachment 28123

Very nice handle and the head looks like you will get mild shaves, or am I wrong? :)

Walbusch Adjustable Slant. Not pretty, but have not seen more than a few around.
z76S0T0.jpg
Today this Walbusch slants are so expensive and I haven´t seen one for a long time on the bay. Very nice razor. Don´t you want to give that Beauty a revamp?

Love the checkered design. Never seen such before.
These are very tiny plates. As you can see on the images, some of them get lost in that long time. Think the razor is from the 1920 - 30ties.

Great avatar by the way. I am a big TinTin fan. ;):)

Last edited:
Today this Walbusch slants are so expensive and I haven´t seen one for a long time on the bay. Very nice razor. Don´t you want to give that Beauty a revamp?
Great avatar by the way. ;):)
Would love to but honestly don't know where to begin. :confused: This pic is before it was washed in soap. I am not sure if polish is a good idea. Knowing I will not be able to replace this razor, do not want to do anything stupid. ;)

Hiya,

One razor I bought years ago before prices went nuts for em at ebayFrance is the Kirby Beard and the shave's very fun. Head feels surprisingly forgiving but you still gotta pay attention. Got mine at a flea market outside Chicago maybe 7-8 years ago. Another member here, kindly mr antdad, also bought about the last reasonably priced Kirby. Maybe he will pop in, unless he's too tired poor guy.

Anyway, this has the silver plated handle (nicer pattern) with shiny chrome scalloped cap and something I am betting you don't see all that often anymore.

Attachments

• kirby_in_box.jpg
    kirby_in_box.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 56
  • kirby_close_up.jpg
    kirby_close_up.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 55
Hiya,

One razor I bought years ago before prices went nuts for em at ebayFrance is the Kirby Beard and the shave's very fun. Head feels surprisingly forgiving but you still gotta pay attention. Got mine at a flea market outside Chicago maybe 7-8 years ago. Another member here, kindly mr antdad, also bought about the last reasonably priced Kirby. Maybe he will pop in, unless he's too tired poor guy.

Anyway, this has the silver plated handle (nicer pattern) with shiny chrome scalloped cap and something I am betting you don't see all that often anymore.
Now that is a beautiful find! :)

This shall be a place to show your rarest DE razors, if you like.

I will start with an unbranded German open comb razor which came in a wooden box, covered with leather.
View attachment 28112

Inside we see a print of an old German shop, owned by the Lang Brothers in the German town Saarbrücken, who sold steel products made in Solingen. With the razor came two little empty containers for razor blades, made of cardboard, on which the words sharp and dull are engraved.
View attachment 28103

Probably this razor was a gift made in a small amount for good customers of this shop. I date this razor as having been manufactured somewhere between 1910 and 1930.
View attachment 28104

Affixed on the razor handle there is a mosaic made of tiny silver and dark grey plates. As you can see in the photos, some of them have been lost down the years.
View attachment 28105
View attachment 28106

I did some research but found not more informations as the Gebr. Lang were also manufacturer of straight razors. Their shop and the company don´t exist anymore and today at the same address Bahnhofstr. 60, you will find a Starbucks store.

View attachment 28113
A beautiful razor and a really informative write up.
Thank you for sharing. :)

Back
Top Bottom