Your favourite inexpensive product?

Curious what your favourite inexpensive product or products are gents? I've recently discovered a couple that have completely changed my shaving life and found a permanent position in my rotation... Not to mention saving me a few £ in the process. For me, it has to be:

Ingram shaving cream: This is a very recent discovery for me, I spotted it on the bottom shelf whilst browsing in Superdrug (not somewhere I venture usually but was with a lady friend.) Anyway, this stuff is £1.75/100ml and comes in a metal tube much like Proraso or Palmolive, it has a subtle mentholated soapy clean smell that is really inoffensive and doesn't linger for long after the shave ensuring compatibility with any aftershave or Cologne. In use it comes out the tube extremely runny, my first thought was "what is this crap!?" but, give it a chance! it whips up a first class lather, slick, protective and surprisingly yoghurty (yeah I just invented that word) no exaggeration, it outperforms some of my artisan creams costing £20/150ml.

Another bargain I've recently discovered is Treet "Black Beauty" DE blades, they're carbon steel and only last 2 shaves but my goodness what lovely smooth shaves they are! They work out about £7.50/100 blades, highly recommended.

YMMV :p

While you are spending some time at the bottom shelf of Superdrug grab yourself some Forest Fresh aftershave, around £2.5 but the scent is top shelf plus lingering is better than more expensive juice.

2nd is the Omega 49, pretty much all the boar brush ones need.

3rd those funny Synthetic brushes from China, the one with the metallic handle and a 22mm knot which is identical to the type of fibres used by posher marks like EJ, about £3 delivered.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Superdrug (not somewhere I venture usually but was with a lady friend.)
You sure know how to indulge a lady friend... :p

Soaps: you can't beat Palmolive sticks at 49p each (if you're unlucky to pay full price - I got mine for 25p each)
Blades: GEM PTFE - yes, they are £12 for 100, but they last a lot longer than just 2 shaves.
Razors: I paid £8 boxed for my favourite razor, a British Made Ever-Ready 1912. I paid even less for a 1972 NOS aluminium Gillette Tech.
Brushes: I bought a tiny boar shaving brush from Poundland. It is excellent for cleaning my coffee grinder.

"I bought a tiny boar shaving brush from Poundland. It is excellent for cleaning my coffee grinder."

Brilliant! :D

My best buy; Omega 10066 - 6 sniffs on Amazon 3 years ago. Great brush. Still love it!
Wilkinson's(Shop not the Wilkinson sword) tiny little boar brush is great for cleaning as well and if I'm not wrong it was less than a 1£

Back
Top Bottom