Will these fit in a Wardonia?

I like the Wardonia Devon for the comfortable efficient shave it gives but it's a royal pain in the arse to adapt regular de blades to fit it.

I came across these Czech made Tiger brand blades on the bay of fleas but are these suitable without modifications?

Tiger-Double-Edge-Razor-Blade-for-Shaving.jpg

Greetings

How fascinating, I have a couple of those razors but have never shaved with them because of the blade issue, I have one original Wardonia blade which I have just dug out and I'm looking at it now. Those Tiger blades certainly look like they might fit, if anything the holes in them appear as if they might be a little bigger relative to the size of the blade but they are certainly in the correct places and of the right shape. Do some Apollo razors take a similar proprietary blade?

It would seem judging by the numbers sold that twenty other people think they may fit something! Are you going to take one for the team? It would be a wicked twist if they do fit but are such shit blades that you can't shave with them anyway!:eek:

Regards
Dick

Couple of times I've tried a vintage blade has resulted in me abandoning it after a few strokes. Horrid things and wouldn't bother unless you can modify a new blade.

Greetings

Here is the Wardonia, it looks the same , what do you think?

Whosthedaddy has a valid point though, if they are NOS and it's hard to imagine they could be anything else, they will certainly be carbon with all the problems old carbon blades have, this Wardonia was a sealed blade that I have just this second opened and it is useless as you can see, the problem is these may look great and still be useless, it's a gamble.

Regards
Dick.

P1010645.JPG

These certainly not looking NOS, just type Tiger Blades to the search box of eBay and there are quite a few, I don't believe these are actually made in the Czech Republic but may be China or India (you can find these on certain Chinese sites).

I took one for team Wardonia and ordered a box of 10 for £1.99, look like there is Tiger and Quick Tiger, I'll try the Quick Tiger first and then move to the Tiger.

Will report back soon as these are shipped from the UK.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Greetings Sheman

I see what you mean but I can't work out what on earth these blades are, the seller from Bulgaria calls them pre 1992, the Spanish seller calls them old/antique. Some of the three hole blades have different writing on them to others and some are called Quick Tiger whilst others are just Tiger (presumably a slower cat) Also listed are standard fitting Tiger blades described as vintage. The London seller goes in to a long spiel about the merits of the blades and 'useful' tips on how to shave with them.

I am inclined to think that a largish batch of these old blades have recently surfaced and are now appearing on e bay, but one can't help but suspect the Chinese clonemeisters are involved here somewhere, perhaps the faster, Quick Tigers! :rolleyes:
Anyway at a couple of quid worth a punt for the laughs you are likely to give us.

Regards
Dick.

The Chinese blades look like a bad copy of the Czech ones (like a "Lolex" watch).

OTOH, Czech Blades does operate what appears to be an up-to-date website (http://www.czechblades.cz/en/) that makes no mention of the Chinese.

From bits and pieces around the web, it appears that the Tiger blades are manufactured for the African market (primarily Nigeria). Over at TheShavingRoom, one of the members as pretty much determined that the metal used in the blades is not suitable for maintaining a honed edge. This has led to a lot of bewilderment as to how a presumably reputable company (Czech Blades is what is left after Gillette purchased the Stainless Steel blades portion of Astra) could continue to produce and sell such a worthless blade.

These certainly not looking NOS, just type Tiger Blades to the search box of eBay and there are quite a few, I don't believe these are actually made in the Czech Republic but may be China or India (you can find these on certain Chinese sites).

I took one for team Wardonia and ordered a box of 10 for £1.99, look like there is Tiger and Quick Tiger, I'll try the Quick Tiger first and then move to the Tiger.

Will report back soon as these are shipped from the UK.
I'll also look forward to hearing whether they fit Wardonias and, perhaps more importantly, whether they are any good at all. Depending on your findings, I may speculate on some, but I distrust black blades (even NOS Gillettes).

I'll also look forward to hearing whether they fit Wardonias and, perhaps more importantly, whether they are any good at all. Depending on your findings, I may speculate on some, but I distrust black blades (even NOS Gillettes).
I distrust most dark blades too.
I ordered the Chinese version with the 'new improved' sticker haha so will see.

On a similar note yesterday I used an Ever sharp black blade, one side wtg and it was pulling like the 7.45 loco to Birmingham, so off it went in the bin. Put back the Astra blue with 12 shaves on it already and had a DFS without even feeling it.

The Chinese blades look like a bad copy of the Czech ones (like a "Lolex" watch).

OTOH, Czech Blades does operate what appears to be an up-to-date website (http://www.czechblades.cz/en/) that makes no mention of the Chinese.

From bits and pieces around the web, it appears that the Tiger blades are manufactured for the African market (primarily Nigeria). Over at TheShavingRoom, one of the members as pretty much determined that the metal used in the blades is not suitable for maintaining a honed edge. This has led to a lot of bewilderment as to how a presumably reputable company (Czech Blades is what is left after Gillette purchased the Stainless Steel blades portion of Astra) could continue to produce and sell such a worthless blade.

Greetings

I just love this, I thought all of the international scams/cons/frauds started out from Lagos, perhaps this is a form of payback; a Reverse Nigerian Scam, brilliant!

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom