Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Sense

Just picked myself up one of these from boots for £6 with 1 blade. Not had a chance to use it yet but will keep you all posted. its from what I can see a double flex handle. You get the standard flipper flex on the blade and there is the pressure sensitive joint further down the handle than bends that can be locked down. I'm sure one of the japanese cart razors had the same thing. @Sabre should know.
img_20180113_180245-jpg.23311
img_20180113_180346-jpg.23312
img_20180113_180359-jpg.23315
img_20180113_180356-jpg.23316
img_20180113_180353-jpg.23317
img_20180113_180418-jpg.23318

The details below have been borrowed from the net.

Hydro 5 Sense features include: A built-in shockabsorber/ Flipper trimmer/ Cartridge with 7 hydrating gel pools that contain menthol/ And 5 Ultra Glide Blades with Skin Guard.

Hydro 5 Sense is built to address irritation head-on with the inclusion of an innovative built-in shock absorber on the razor head that allows for an incredibly close shave, alongside unique refill gel formulas which provide specific shaving benefits that cater to men's differing needs.

How to use
Hydro 5 Sense razor auto-adjusts when pressure is applied, flexing as needed and absorbing excess energy that normally exerts onto the skin. When the pressure goes away, the razor returns to its original state. The how to guide: 1.Exfoliate - It will help prepare the skin for your shave 2.Wet your stubble with warm water before shaving to hydrate the hair making it easier to cut. 3. Make sure your blades are sharp. Dull blades are the culprit for most shaving accidents. 4.Shave the most sensitive area of your face first - the neck and below the jawbone - then move up the face, applying gentle pressure and shaving with the grain of the hair. 5.Apply oil / alcohol free moisturiser to soothe, protect andinvigorate your skin.

Important info
1. Built-In Shock Absorber Featuring shockabsorption technology, the mechanism inside“senses” when different pressure is exerted onskin during shaving and auto adjusts to providethe optimum amount of pressure. 2. Flip Trimmer - With a simple flick of the thumb, can be used to edge and trim, reaching those hard-to-get-to areas such as under the nose. It's much easier to use than standard edging blades as there's no need to turn over the razor to access it.

Hydro 5 Sense features include: A built-in shockabsorber/ Flipper trimmer/ Cartridge with 7 hydrating gel pools that contain menthol/ And 5 Ultra Glide Blades with Skin Guard.
SEVEN hydrating slime pools!! :eek: Yuck!
How to use
4.Shave the most sensitive area of your face first - the neck and below the jawbone - then move up the face
That never occurred to me. And I have no idea what possible difference it could make, unless the blades dull after half a pass.

1.Exfoliate - It will help prepare the skin for your shave
That's my worry with a razor with 5 blades. :eek:
What is the point of exfoliating prior to a shave when that razor will definitely do it for you.:)

Just my thoughts having had many years of cart razors but I hope it works for you.
May I add that of all of the carts I have used I think the Mach 3 takes some beating.
As always YMMV. ;)

Last edited:
What is the point of exfoliating prior to a shave when that razor will definitely do it for you.:)

Just my thoughts having had many years of cart razors but I hope it works for you.
May I add that of all of the carts I have used I think the Mach 3 takes some beating.
As always YMMV. ;)
It wasn't untill riverrun mentioned the slime pools that I remembered that viscous slime that covered my face after I had used the cart for a few days, am I pleased those days are over :) P. Things may have improved some but I doubt it! Different strokes for different folks and whatever works for other people is ok by me :)

It wasn't untill riverrun mentioned the slime pools that I remembered that viscous slime that covered my face after I had used the cart for a few days, am I pleased those days are over :) P. Things may have improved some but I doubt it! Different strokes for different folks and whatever works for other people is ok by me :)
Never a truer word has been said P.
Plus the fact that it is much, much more fun. :D

As always YMMV. ;)
You telling me that exfoliating don't help preshave lol. I've used exfoliation pre shave with all types of razors. It helps remove dirt and dead skin cells. As well as raise the hair shafts.

I saw it on release in the first week of December, I haven't got my one yet. It might be similar to the Feather Samrai Edge. Hopefully will pop into Boots this week.
Yes indeed its very much like the Samrai Edge, just on l smaller profile. Its really a good design and I like that you can lock I down. My only issue is the blades are still not as good as Gillette or Dorco blades for me. YMMV

What is the best new functionality core motion or shock absorb functionality? What is Gillette going to come out with? At the moment it just seems to be movie promotions.

What is the best new functionality core motion or shock absorb functionality? What is Gillette going to come out with? At the moment it just seems to be movie promotions.
I've still not got hold of a core motion. Any idea where in the uk they have them?

And if Gillette are keeping to their iterative expansion they should be due either a change in blade number or a new type of thinner sharper blade. They might just come through with their heated razor that was reported on last year.

Back
Top Bottom