Wickham 1912 Le Bleu

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Wickham Soap Co "Le Bleu" Limited Edition Soap for Against The Grain.

It's a medium hard shaving soap. I am pretty sure I don't need to tell you what it does!

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I have been using the 1912 formula in a few scents now and find I enjoy face lathering it more than bowl. Not for any particular reason that pertains to the soap, just I am preferring face lathering. Anyway, on to the bits you want to know about...

SCENT:
The scent is modelled after Bleu De Chanel. I haven't as yet had the pleasure of the frag, but the scent on this is spot on. Aquatic, fresh with that typical cologne 'flavour' to it. Very nice indeed. It's quite mild, sitting say 5/10 on a measuring scale. This is the same in the pot and on the face.

LATHERABILITY:
As with all 1912 soaps, it is a doddle to lather. I prefer my badger brushes, and a damp brush straight to the unbloomed puck will take plenty of soap for a full four passes EASILY. I add water as I go to get the consistency spot on, with no fear of the lather going too far.

PERFORMANCE:
A true strong point of the 1912 formula is the quality performance. I have found vegetable based soaps in the past to be lacking somewhat in glide, but 1912 has plenty. Not so much as you'd slide around like Torville & Dean, but enough for the job at hand. There is also plenty of cushion on offer, to protect against an aggressive Muhle R41 with ease. I like this aspect very much, enough to give it top marks.

POST SHAVE:
This is possibly the make or break of any soap, and 1912 Le Bleu makes it and then some. The post shave is spot on, on par with the very best, and deserves to be held in high regard for this reason. No dryness, taught sensations or tingling to be found here. No sir, not one bit.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
In short, it's bloody marvellous. I didn't know what the scent would be like having never experienced the fragrance, so this was a bit of a gamble so to speak for me, but it paid off. I knew the performance would be spot on, but to have a really classy scent to back it up (and a matching bath soap!), what is not to like? Not many soaps get a 100% score from me, but this is in the select elite.

20170223_141211-01.jpeg

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Wickham Soap Co "Le Bleu" Limited Edition Soap for Against The Grain.

It's a medium hard shaving soap. I am pretty sure I don't need to tell you what it does!

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I have been using the 1912 formula in a few scents now and find I enjoy face lathering it more than bowl. Not for any particular reason that pertains to the soap, just I am preferring face lathering. Anyway, on to the bits you want to know about...

SCENT:
The scent is modelled after Bleu De Chanel. I haven't as yet had the pleasure of the frag, but the scent on this is spot on. Aquatic, fresh with that typical cologne 'flavour' to it. Very nice indeed. It's quite mild, sitting say 5/10 on a measuring scale. This is the same in the pot and on the face.

LATHERABILITY:
As with all 1912 soaps, it is a doddle to lather. I prefer my badger brushes, and a damp brush straight to the unbloomed puck will take plenty of soap for a full four passes EASILY. I add water as I go to get the consistency spot on, with no fear of the lather going too far.

PERFORMANCE:
A true strong point of the 1912 formula is the quality performance. I have found vegetable based soaps in the past to be lacking somewhat in glide, but 1912 has plenty. Not so much as you'd slide around like Torville & Dean, but enough for the job at hand. There is also plenty of cushion on offer, to protect against an aggressive Muhle R41 with ease. I like this aspect very much, enough to give it top marks.

POST SHAVE:
This is possibly the make or break of any soap, and 1912 Le Bleu makes it and then some. The post shave is spot on, on par with the very best, and deserves to be held in high regard for this reason. No dryness, taught sensations or tingling to be found here. No sir, not one bit.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
In short, it's bloody marvellous. I didn't know what the scent would be like having never experienced the fragrance, so this was a bit of a gamble so to speak for me, but it paid off. I knew the performance would be spot on, but to have a really classy scent to back it up (and a matching bath soap!), what is not to like? Not many soaps get a 100% score from me, but this is in the select elite.

20170223_141211-01.jpeg
Great report Nick.

Back
Top Bottom